Why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I mostly play ONS and to tell the truth I'm usually too busy going for the objectives to take much note of the teams. I will look if someone complains and I see their complaint but again being busy with the game that might take a bit before I notice. If I do see a gross mismatch in numbers I'll happily switch.

The people that **** me off are those that complain about mismatched teams in skills. It's the luck of the draw. What should we do? Stop the round, have a meeting and decide who goes on which team? Come on. Suck it up, do your best and don't worry about the other people. The really bad players probably won't last the round and you'll have fresh blood soon.

My GG or GR (good round) goes to the people that played the good game — win or lose, skills or not. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i hear you. but i also agree to some extent with the "hand shake" idea. you can always say something at the end of the game like: "thanks for playing, but this is frustrating with the teams so unbalanced, and no one's willing to switch. i'm leaving".

also, consider that some people do not know their F1 key. and some may not know how to switch sides. then again, i've witnessed people leave a sinking ship so that they can switch to be on the side of the ocean. that's pretty lame. that was happening to me recently when i was on the side of the ocean. i decided to switch to a team of 3 versus the other 6, we still lost of course, but it did make it more fun.

Hey, at any rate, try leading by example. in situations when you can switch to balance the teams. declare your intentions and why and then do it. it will raise the consciousness of fellow players. (i hope)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
    GG should only be said when applicable really, you often see BG's from people, MOSTLY on the losing side but i really do not blame them, if the teams were so unfair that one side got pasted into the ground then how was that a good or fun or FAIR game for either side, it was not.

If you think saying gg as a psudo handshake at the end of the game is going to make up for lack of sportsmanship for not switching you're wrong.

If you're on unfair teams the best thing to do is leave, seriously theres so few people today who are willing to change teams even in the most **** conditions that its not even worth asking anymore.

its really nice when one team starts to get owned but some good players swap and they hold their own or even win, it really goes to show you can pull a good game out of a potentially rubbish one.

its the same across all games, i played CSS for the first time in ages the other day and most of the time the teams are so grossly unfair one team ALWAYS gets owned, asking for help for 1-2 of the better players to swap is pointless, your request is met with "stop whining " and "learn to play" basically anything they can say to try and justify not having to swap.

I did hold UT2004 at higher standards to CS:S because CS:S is packed with morons but i probably shouldn't because most of the time its no better in UT2004 either.
    Why force auto ballance should be on by default on public servers...

And saying GG is like reaching out your hand to shake the opponents hand just to pull it out from under them...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Why oh why

Originally posted by windigo
    Why would you say good game after a really horrible match?
    For me it is something like sportsmanship. It's the online equivalent of shaking hands at the end of a Soccer match.

Originally posted by windigo
    Maybe i'm just a big baby and a sore loser
    No comment...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Why oh why

Why oh why

Why would you say good game after a really horrible match?

I exspecialy don't like it when the teams were way off and the winners say "GG"

Maybe i'm just a big baby and a sore loser but i think thats a spit in the face

its like they pretend to not notice it was a 3v1 ons match ( retarded bots dont count)

3 times today i got my butt kicked really really bad where it was me and two bots vs 3 humans

when i see teams are off i switch, even though i'm not that good i think i'm more usefull then a bot

winning doesnt concern me that much, which doesnt really help with what bothers me... its not the losing, its the other players being jerks and not giving a **** about the teams

losing and a pwning are differnet to me

i dont mind losing, but getting sodomized and then having them not even acknowledge it was a crappy game ,bothers me
Working...
X