Why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PetitHarrier
    I'm often the guilty party of saying 'BG' when a match goes all to hell.
    Read Discord's post on the first page, maybe then you'll get it.

Comment

Why? Because it's just a game. But being a sore loser still sucks.

Comment

One of the things about playing 32 player is no one player is leet enough to single handedly force the win whatever the sides (even fluffy looses sometimes) that's the beauty of it. If you are good and want to win all the time just play on a smaller lower skill server. If you want a challenge where you can't just force the win continuously play on titan.

Sure some games will be unbalanced but you've got to credit to the titan admins for doing what they can by running team balancer and avoiding node layouts that end up dragging on for ever even if you have no chance of winning (e.g. artic stronghold). That way unbalanced games end fast and we all start a new map (for which all the teams will have changed) which hopefully will be better.

As for loosing 5 times out of 6 - sure you have bad runs but statistics state that in the end you'll win a little more then you loose (because you always play on a team with a top 5 player - i.e. you).

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
          Being too busy to notice the teams is a complete and UTTER cop out and you all F*cking know it.

You dont need to look at the scores in most game types to know one team is getting battered into the ground because its bloody obvious from whats going on around you.

CTF the scores on the screen
          Onslaught the radar is on the screen
          assault is just obvious
          etc

what ^ she said. But IMO fuxors sportsmanship....pffff....after losing I mostly just want to cut out your eyes with spoons, mount you on a hot poker and generally hang, draw and quarter your GG'ing ***!

Other than that it doesnt' really bother me to lose

I don't agree with saying GG after a ****ty match, I will prefer to say GF or something else other than saying it was a good game when it was downright sh!tty.

Comment

Show me a mut that works, and doesn't break standard server, and I'll put it on.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
              Why? Because it's just a game. But being a sore loser still sucks.
              Yah and you can keep that wonderful thoughtful inspiration in your head when you're on the losing team again and again.... ...pfffff just a game...

Yah and that's air your "just breathing", but I'm sure if someone took that away you would see things / think things a little different.

Comment

I was too lazy to read the whole thread but I just wanted to say that I always say GG if the game was fun, and 99% of the time, I have fun.

Comment

shame the ut2003 superteambalancer wasn't updated for ut2004

3) Optionally, it can also evenly distribute the human players among the teams based on their performance in the previous match. You can also set an option to prevent players that have had their teams chosen from switching teams.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66
                    shame the ut2003 superteambalancer wasn't updated for ut2004
                    Link? (preferrably with a-mail addy of the author)

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                      Link? (preferrably with a-mail addy of the author)
                      http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org
                      Super Team Balancer (v1.3) email addy in zip file readme

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66
                        http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org
                        Super Team Balancer (v1.3) email addy in zip file readme
                        Lol, mysterial works for EPIC now... ...so there is hope.
                        Thanks anyways.

Comment

saying GG is just the polite thing to do imo

and someone global ban that Waldi :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Sm@ck
                            Yah and you can keep that wonderful thoughtful inspiration in your head when you're on the losing team again and again.... ...pfffff just a game...

Yah and that's air your "just breathing", but I'm sure if someone took that away you would see things / think things a little different.
                            I might give you the benefit of the doubt if I knew what the hell you were saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                              Unless you've seen how i play the majorety of my games, which you have not, then your narrow minded opinion of what i do in game is going to be inaccurate. I've been playing Assault and other game modes long before i played Onslaught, most of the games in my assault days i constantly switched teams to help out the losers because assault becomes evne more one sided that onslaght at times.
                              Well my narrow minded opinion is based only on how you behave on the titan server. The one you are complaining about BTW so it is a valid opinion for this particular topic. You ask people to change to the losing team and yet you yourself only ever change in the other direction. You also claim a terrible losing record despite the rather good 81:51 winning one recorded in your stats for the time period you were playing on titan. I can only assume that all those wins must have come from winning 100% of your games on other servers as you claim to have lost so many on titan. Whatever were you doing to win that many games elsewhere? Surely not teamstacking as you are so against it.

Comment

Heh, I've been on the wrong end of really stacked games before & the "right" end. :| So I know what it feels like either way. My personal preference is the games where teams are pretty even (which is a 50-50 chance on the server I play on for AS) as I improve more from those. But usually when a game is REALLY bad I won't hesitate to make my opinion known & frequently there is little disagreement on that from either team. :noob: But if you want teams that aren't so stacked then play in pugs & not pubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X