Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
    Not really, titan internet server has tonnes of regulars but nothing ever gets done about grossly uneven teams on that, in fact its SO obvious one team is going to pummel the other team just from looking at the players on the scoreboard before the round even starts, i usualy just move into spectator mode its just NOT worth it.
    So - when you see 16 players on the other team who're pretty good against another 16 players on your team who you think are not so good your constructive action...as "nothing ever gets done about" is to desert the team?

What exactly do you believe should be done about it? Where all the slots are free there IS nothing that can be done about it. UT2004 does not have such a thing as skill-balancing. Players CANNOT switch teams.

Even when the slots are not full the team balancer functionality stops players from swapping where the player numbers are even. This stops the problematic "move to the winning team" issue.

There have been many times I've looked that the player list and known that we're going to walk all over the other team....only to be beaten soundly.

I suppose that until someone else makes it fair for you and picks up your rattle you're going to sulk about it. :sulk:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As said above by others, I always say GG as a sporting gesture, its kind of like saying 'thank you' for playing.

Especially when youve played against some people who are beginners then its a sign of respect, for me its saying thankyou for sticking it out and letting me have my fun, afterall without opponents there is no game.

When I get my butt handed to me I'll still say GG, because I respect good players and its always impressive to see people taking UT to the next level.

For me 'BG' always seems rude, especially when coming from the player way out ahead, it kinda says 'im too good for you'. Id rather the guy said something like 'good effort!' to me, and congratulated me on the one or two frags I did get.

A bad game is, for example, a round of ONS-Tankwars, but then Im not stupid enough to play gametypes/maps I dont enjoy ! Ive even seen people complaining about the lack of competition on a demo server 'omg its full of noobs', seriously, ive really seen that! Surely about as stupid as people can get...!

Edit: Id just note that ONS can be different, I agree that the game just doesnt work without some resitance, but the bonus there is that the game is over in 2mins and its onto the next map. Quick game, not worth complaining. Long game, cant be such a push over afterall!

gl hf!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If someone sneeks up behind me and beats my **** with a 2x4, and I can still speak, I just might say "GG".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by inventor209
    the other people don't know how much fun the looseing team is having. for all they know they may be loosing but there having a blast. and if teams arn't off number wise and "good" player goes to the loosing team, isn't that a kick in the teeth saying "hey im here to help you out b/c you suck so bad"
    Not really. If a good and decent player leaves the dominating team's side and helps the losing team, that shows good sportsmanship. Balancing the teams is not a sign of weakness, it's about showing respect for ALL the players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by windigo
    Well peoples that are saying things about sore losers and such

I am not a sore loser, I don't like losing naturally. But i don't whine about it in game, i bring it to the forums

WHen i made this i had played maybe ten games, lost 7 of them ( i'm an accet to my team eh?)but there was 3 i played, where those players knew at the begining of each game what was going to happen.

No one switched, and that bothers me

where is the fun in that?

If i can't whine about losing, why should they get to win? i am mad because i lost. What about the guys who did that to win? arent they just as pethetic? playing only for the wins and score rather then a good fight and an actuall good game.

i'm not angry cause i lost, i'm angry because no one was decent enough to realize the teams were off- and or do something about it

I'm talking about 3v1 4v1 2v4 and so on, games like that are lame as hell and the people that dont switch are just as lame as the people whining because they lost
    the other people don't know how much fun the looseing team is having. for all they know they may be loosing but there having a blast. and if teams arn't off number wise and "good" player goes to the loosing team, isn't that a kick in the teeth saying "hey im here to help you out b/c you suck so bad"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well peoples that are saying things about sore losers and such

I am not a sore loser, I don't like losing naturally. But i don't whine about it in game, i bring it to the forums

WHen i made this i had played maybe ten games, lost 7 of them ( i'm an accet to my team eh?)but there was 3 i played, where those players knew at the begining of each game what was going to happen.

No one switched, and that bothers me

where is the fun in that?

If i can't whine about losing, why should they get to win? i am mad because i lost. What about the guys who did that to win? arent they just as pethetic? playing only for the wins and score rather then a good fight and an actuall good game.

i'm not angry cause i lost, i'm angry because no one was decent enough to realize the teams were off- and or do something about it

I'm talking about 3v1 4v1 2v4 and so on, games like that are lame as hell and the people that dont switch are just as lame as the people whining because they lost

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could also say:

BG

in fact, you could even say:

TIAHBYTTGIO

which means there is a homo behind you trying to get it on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i regularly play 1v1 dm and everyone who plays 1v1 knows that sometimes u just get straight slaughtered, im talking 15 plus frags for ur opponent.

In those situations its tuff to say gg as it might of been routine for the other guy, but i chalk it up as a learning experience so i'll still say gg.

rofl actually saying gg in a 1v1 slaughtering is generally the standard these days, whats the point of continuing when theres 2 mins left for instance with 18-0 score line in favour of ur opponent, infact its more a godsend :haha:

with tdm its diff, if my team loses bad, i'll just quit at the end of the match without say gg, as its more ppl in the server, i see it as rude when theres only 2 ppl going head to head.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why oh why. Not.

Would your rather hear.

You guys suck. We whipped you like you stole something.

Personally I would rather have the gg.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank God for new players since without new players taking up the game and sticking with it there would soon be no game at all. It's no fun beating down new players but it is a hell of a blast seeing someone get the point of ONS and start to link every chance they get. It's great to hear them say "Wow that was a blast!" I get peeved to see people just drop out of a match seemingly just because they are not on the winning team (but then again their significant other may have just said "Get off the computer or sleep on the couch tonight!" — probably never happens anyone here ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
    I dont think anyone here is claimings its the n00bs fault thats really a bit silly, and they shouldnt see the brunt of all this, although admitadly its quite hard to keep your cool when it appears 90% of your team is n00bs, thats just taking the ****.

Its the good players who really should accept the responsability of switching now and again to help out, especially when then teams are that unfair.
    true - i'm being a bit hotheaded ... apologies

I do agree with you though. It's the more skilled/experienced players that should be trying to fix the unbalanced teams.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I only speak for myself.

If i had a GG, I'll say "GG".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DoctorB
    Well Frosty that's bull **it and you know it. If you don't like the skills of the people on your team what do you do? Switch teams to the leet side? Of course not. (Sadly I've seen that from others all too often). Waste time and feelings buy yelling "N00Bs" at them? (Seen too much of that also). **** and moan at the end of the game? (Been there seen too much of that.) Go to a different server — I guess the best solution.

As to being busy with the game — well that's why I'm there — to play. Period.
    Busy with the game? Oh come off it - it's not all that difficult to remain aware of the current teams status. Dont act like an idiot - if you're experienced enough to play well then you're more than capable of keeping tabs on the teams too.

Now then - onto the flesh of the matter ... n00bs, newbs, new players, inexperienced players.
    Up until about a month I made a point of actually helping new players out, instead of giving them a barrage of insults and complaints like so many others do. Why did I stop? I'm in Canada on holiday, that's why.

Taking 10/15 mins out of your hectic gaming schedule to actually teach a new player the basics of the game, movement, shooting, node control and building, vehicular skills, manta squishing, raptor-dumping from on high while brandishing your shiney new redeemer above an enemy node... everything that will actually make a difference to them in the heat of battle.

Why not try helping them instead of bettering your own stats, your score means very little in ONS. I've played clan games where I ended the game in single figure scores, even MINUS scores, while others were above 100, and still I was a major part of the team's strategy. I dont care for points, I care for teamwork.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Why oh why

Originally posted by fuegerstef
    For me it is something like sportsmanship. It's the online equivalent of shaking hands at the end of a Soccer match.
    That's exactly it. "GG" doesn't just mean "good game," it means "thanks for playing with me, I had fun and I hope you did too... we ought to do it some more." Furthermore, at the end of a lopsided match, "GG" is a helluva lot more polite than saying, "OMGWTF U R ALL N00BS!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! GAWD U PPL SUCK!!!"

Saying "BG" or whining about how the teams sucked or PlayerX was spamming the voice chat or the map was ghey or PlayerY h4x or whatever is just rude. If the final score is that off- kilter, I think everybody knows it wasn't the greatest game ever. No need to make a bad thing worse by belaboring the point.

It's all about the manners...

*edit* Now, if the game actually was a really good one, I'll say it. "Nice game, well played all" or "Holy **** that was fun."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is the correct thing to do regardless of teams ,score etc it shows class and it says you are a good sport,something sadly lacking in this game...i get owned probably 75 % of the time and have for over 6 years but i always say GG at the end ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X