Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windigo
    Well peoples that are saying things about sore losers and such

I am not a sore loser, I don't like losing naturally. But i don't whine about it in game, i bring it to the forums

WHen i made this i had played maybe ten games, lost 7 of them ( i'm an accet to my team eh?)but there was 3 i played, where those players knew at the begining of each game what was going to happen.

No one switched, and that bothers me

where is the fun in that?

If i can't whine about losing, why should they get to win? i am mad because i lost. What about the guys who did that to win? arent they just as pethetic? playing only for the wins and score rather then a good fight and an actuall good game.

i'm not angry cause i lost, i'm angry because no one was decent enough to realize the teams were off- and or do something about it

I'm talking about 3v1 4v1 2v4 and so on, games like that are lame as hell and the people that dont switch are just as lame as the people whining because they lost
    the other people don't know how much fun the looseing team is having. for all they know they may be loosing but there having a blast. and if teams arn't off number wise and "good" player goes to the loosing team, isn't that a kick in the teeth saying "hey im here to help you out b/c you suck so bad"

Comment

Originally posted by inventor209
      the other people don't know how much fun the looseing team is having. for all they know they may be loosing but there having a blast. and if teams arn't off number wise and "good" player goes to the loosing team, isn't that a kick in the teeth saying "hey im here to help you out b/c you suck so bad"
      Not really. If a good and decent player leaves the dominating team's side and helps the losing team, that shows good sportsmanship. Balancing the teams is not a sign of weakness, it's about showing respect for ALL the players.

Comment

If someone sneeks up behind me and beats my **** with a 2x4, and I can still speak, I just might say "GG".

Comment

As said above by others, I always say GG as a sporting gesture, its kind of like saying 'thank you' for playing.

Especially when youve played against some people who are beginners then its a sign of respect, for me its saying thankyou for sticking it out and letting me have my fun, afterall without opponents there is no game.

When I get my butt handed to me I'll still say GG, because I respect good players and its always impressive to see people taking UT to the next level.

For me 'BG' always seems rude, especially when coming from the player way out ahead, it kinda says 'im too good for you'. Id rather the guy said something like 'good effort!' to me, and congratulated me on the one or two frags I did get.

A bad game is, for example, a round of ONS-Tankwars, but then Im not stupid enough to play gametypes/maps I dont enjoy ! Ive even seen people complaining about the lack of competition on a demo server 'omg its full of noobs', seriously, ive really seen that! Surely about as stupid as people can get...!

Edit: Id just note that ONS can be different, I agree that the game just doesnt work without some resitance, but the bonus there is that the game is over in 2mins and its onto the next map. Quick game, not worth complaining. Long game, cant be such a push over afterall!

gl hf!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
            Not really, titan internet server has tonnes of regulars but nothing ever gets done about grossly uneven teams on that, in fact its SO obvious one team is going to pummel the other team just from looking at the players on the scoreboard before the round even starts, i usualy just move into spectator mode its just NOT worth it.
            So - when you see 16 players on the other team who're pretty good against another 16 players on your team who you think are not so good your constructive action...as "nothing ever gets done about" is to desert the team?

What exactly do you believe should be done about it? Where all the slots are free there IS nothing that can be done about it. UT2004 does not have such a thing as skill-balancing. Players CANNOT switch teams.

Even when the slots are not full the team balancer functionality stops players from swapping where the player numbers are even. This stops the problematic "move to the winning team" issue.

There have been many times I've looked that the player list and known that we're going to walk all over the other team....only to be beaten soundly.

I suppose that until someone else makes it fair for you and picks up your rattle you're going to sulk about it. :sulk:

Comment

gg = the handshake

doesn't mean it WAS a good game or I played well or you are a n00b or whatever the thread starter thinks it means - so if it annoys think about it again

saying bg is unsportsman like and disrespects the other player(s) - same as saying "pwnage" or "owned you" or whatever some of the guys comes up with

I play on a demo assault map a lot! for the simple reason that it is the *only* server where I ping under 200

so I get a lot of "teams" and the rest of the moans and groans - I have found when I do switch - teams go unbalanced to the other side, players leave and then I have to switch again = this can happen many times so I simply stopped switching

if I see my team is understrengthed and under par I keep my mouth shut and try to play just to see how well I do vs a stacked team - you will never believe the many times I have heard "humiliating defeat" and no, I like loosing as much as the next guy - but on a demo server ppl are forever joining and disconecting - especially if it goes over 6 games like on this server

so how can you balance it? you can't. so the gg is just "hey thx for playing - win or loose UT rocks and it is fun to play. lets go again"

Comment

Not really, titan internet server has tonnes of regulars but nothing ever gets done about grossly uneven teams on that, in fact its SO obvious one team is going to pummel the other team just from looking at the players on the scoreboard before the round even starts, i usualy just move into spectator mode its just NOT worth it.

I get it far worse that some though, because i cant escape my bad luck and end up on the losing side despite having one of the best scores in the server, time and time again. Gets rather boring fighting hordes of enemys with no backup and just goto spec adn watch which is actually MORE fun that just getting continuously pummled.

Additionally saying GG in a clan match despite losing is good sportsmanship but thats because the teams are set and no one can switch, unless the other team act like jackasses you should always try and say gg.
                Ever thought of the fact that switching is simply impossible because of the teambalancer mut? This to solve the "switching to winning team during game" lameness that is so populair on every other public server.

What you do Frosty is lame. Dont say you enter again from spec when there is a slot free on the winning team, cause thats worthy of a ban in my book. I loath those wannabe leet players. :down:

Bottomline: deal with it. You cant always win.

Comment

I usually only say gg when I won lol.

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
                    I usually only say gg when I won lol.
                    lol gg

I tend to say it in most games where it wasn't a one sided battle. I'll almost always say it in clan matches too, because it's polite.

Comment

In my experience, only about 10% of all players say "gg" when they lost. Most say either nothing, "lol", "spam", "lag", or "i **** your mohter u ****".
                      It is amazing how this forum is inhabited exclusively by noble people who say "gg" all the time unless they are currently helping an old lady across the street or going from door to door to sell cookies for the kids in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
                        In my experience, only about 10% of all players say "gg" when they lost. Most say either nothing, "lol", "spam", "lag", or "i **** your mohter u ****".
                        Exactly! Could you please explain that to this guy? He doesnt seem to understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by -]Fusi√łN[-
                          Exactly! Could you please explain that to this guy? He doesnt seem to understand it.
                          Eh? It seems like he did not only understand that but does it himself. Besides, I don't think one should be banned for swearing. I find those yelling kids funny.

Comment

Originally posted by -]Fusi?[-

What you do Frosty is lame. Dont say you enter again from spec when there is a slot free on the winning team, cause thats worthy of a ban in my book. I loath those wannabe leet players. :down:

Bottomline: deal with it. You cant always win.
                            eerrm I think Frosty was saying he SPECS the matches rather than PLAYS em - so he doesn't spec and then choose winning side - at least I *think* thats what he was saying

but your bottom line rulez

Comment

In pubs I type "wp" after all games, and gg after a more or less good game.

In clan games, I use my gg bind, for politeness and type out something if it was actually a good game. But that doesn't happen often.

As for balancing, I have said it times and times before: the only way is to use a mutator that keeps track of player performance (pph being a decent measure) and balance teams at match start accordingly from 1 or 2 previous matches.

Sure there needs to be a winner and a loser. But winning/losing an ONS pub match 4-0 in 4 minutes is rather pointless. Just the other day, I regrettably jumped on a Jolt server for some ONS. Players from a certain clan I won't name under aliases were stacking up on blue and winning fast. After a 3 minute Dria round, I switched to the losing team and the round lasted 20 minutes. They were still being lame and stacking up, but at least is was more fun than winning too quickly.

Comment

I've swapped before, yes its no massive secret.

WHY you might ask, well after a long days work getting back home all i want to do is have 1-2 quick games which are FAIR, "not exactly 100% even so no one ever wins - fair" just a game where i can sit back at the end and go "MAN THAT WAS CLOSE!" where i win or not.

But after 6 games of being totaly trounced, after 6 games of basically fighting half the regulars with about 2 additionally good players it starts to get LAME.

Now if the server admins got of their asses and did somethign about the grossly uneven teams people wouldnt need to switch now would they?

Its like wondering why people take TK's into their own hands (and TK back) in games like CS:S, its because the server setup and the admins are either not around or just completely lame. When things get that lame people take matters into their own hands.

Im not, repeat NOT going to run around on grossly unfair teams just so you and your buddies can have free aiming practice, i dont mind losing and i dont even mind unfair teams (now and again) but its constant on titan, and if any of you dont believe me, go there and play for yourself, only take 2 mins of your time.

And a last note, its funny how i post suggestions in the titan forums about skill balancing in the teams, and its really well accepted by the admins, and others yet we get this kind of response when its taken public.
                                Thats why game designers should make auto ballance team options set on as default...

If people join a server with unballanced teams and get trounced they are gonna stop playing the game completly if it happens enough, its in every game designers intrest that people keep playing the game they produce and making an autoballance feat thats enabled by default is in everyones intrest...

but instead of doing something productive they fall back on oh look lets make perrty high poly models...

Comment

Working...
                                X