Why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why oh why

Why would you say good game after a really horrible match?

I exspecialy don't like it when the teams were way off and the winners say "GG"

Maybe i'm just a big baby and a sore loser but i think thats a spit in the face

its like they pretend to not notice it was a 3v1 ons match ( retarded bots dont count)

3 times today i got my butt kicked really really bad where it was me and two bots vs 3 humans

when i see teams are off i switch, even though i'm not that good i think i'm more usefull then a bot

winning doesnt concern me that much, which doesnt really help with what bothers me... its not the losing, its the other players being jerks and not giving a **** about the teams

losing and a pwning are differnet to me

i dont mind losing, but getting sodomized and then having them not even acknowledge it was a crappy game ,bothers me

Re: Why oh why

Originally posted by windigo
    Why would you say good game after a really horrible match?
    For me it is something like sportsmanship. It's the online equivalent of shaking hands at the end of a Soccer match.

Originally posted by windigo
    Maybe i'm just a big baby and a sore loser
    No comment...

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
      GG should only be said when applicable really, you often see BG's from people, MOSTLY on the losing side but i really do not blame them, if the teams were so unfair that one side got pasted into the ground then how was that a good or fun or FAIR game for either side, it was not.

If you think saying gg as a psudo handshake at the end of the game is going to make up for lack of sportsmanship for not switching you're wrong.

If you're on unfair teams the best thing to do is leave, seriously theres so few people today who are willing to change teams even in the most **** conditions that its not even worth asking anymore.

its really nice when one team starts to get owned but some good players swap and they hold their own or even win, it really goes to show you can pull a good game out of a potentially rubbish one.

its the same across all games, i played CSS for the first time in ages the other day and most of the time the teams are so grossly unfair one team ALWAYS gets owned, asking for help for 1-2 of the better players to swap is pointless, your request is met with "stop whining " and "learn to play" basically anything they can say to try and justify not having to swap.

I did hold UT2004 at higher standards to CS:S because CS:S is packed with morons but i probably shouldn't because most of the time its no better in UT2004 either.
      Why force auto ballance should be on by default on public servers...

And saying GG is like reaching out your hand to shake the opponents hand just to pull it out from under them...

Comment

i hear you. but i also agree to some extent with the "hand shake" idea. you can always say something at the end of the game like: "thanks for playing, but this is frustrating with the teams so unbalanced, and no one's willing to switch. i'm leaving".

also, consider that some people do not know their F1 key. and some may not know how to switch sides. then again, i've witnessed people leave a sinking ship so that they can switch to be on the side of the ocean. that's pretty lame. that was happening to me recently when i was on the side of the ocean. i decided to switch to a team of 3 versus the other 6, we still lost of course, but it did make it more fun.

Hey, at any rate, try leading by example. in situations when you can switch to balance the teams. declare your intentions and why and then do it. it will raise the consciousness of fellow players. (i hope)

Comment

I mostly play ONS and to tell the truth I'm usually too busy going for the objectives to take much note of the teams. I will look if someone complains and I see their complaint but again being busy with the game that might take a bit before I notice. If I do see a gross mismatch in numbers I'll happily switch.

The people that **** me off are those that complain about mismatched teams in skills. It's the luck of the draw. What should we do? Stop the round, have a meeting and decide who goes on which team? Come on. Suck it up, do your best and don't worry about the other people. The really bad players probably won't last the round and you'll have fresh blood soon.

My GG or GR (good round) goes to the people that played the good game — win or lose, skills or not. :up:

Comment

Re: Re: Why oh why

Originally posted by fuegerstef
            For me it is something like sportsmanship. It's the online equivalent of shaking hands at the end of a Soccer match.
            +1. IMO.

Comment

its the same thing as mismathced numbers, if some n00b is running around your base trying to blow up your core or stealing vehicles and driving them of cliffs or whatever then its just the same as if the guy wasnt there.

But to a more or less extent thats true even if the guy knows how to play but is just really bad at the game, if you're attacking a node and theres 3 defenders and 2 n00bs are with you, and they get owned so hard that they barely even get a shot of, then its almost the eqivelent of not actually having the players there.
              Well Frosty that's bull **it and you know it. If you don't like the skills of the people on your team what do you do? Switch teams to the leet side? Of course not. (Sadly I've seen that from others all too often). Waste time and feelings buy yelling "N00Bs" at them? (Seen too much of that also). **** and moan at the end of the game? (Been there seen too much of that.) Go to a different server — I guess the best solution.

As to being busy with the game — well that's why I'm there — to play. Period.

Comment

What I hate though is when the teams ARE unfair and the loosing team never mentions it. And even if I am on the team with the most players and I ask the other group if they need help, they wont even answer!

Worst of all is when the game ends and the team with the least amount of players lose and start bragging about how the teams were unfair...even though what I mentionned before ^^^

I hate it when they do that, I guess they still think they might have a chance to win, or they like the challenge, but in that case, dont brag about loosing in the end.

As for gg, I usually say vbg even if it was a gg lol...

Comment

Originally posted by kamikazit
                  What I hate though is when the teams ARE unfair and the loosing team never mentions it. And even if I am on the team with the most players and I ask the other group if they need help, they wont even answer!

Worst of all is when the game ends and the team with the least amount of players lose and start bragging about how the teams were unfair...even though what I mentionned before ^^^

I hate it when they do that, I guess they still think they might have a chance to win, or they like the challenge, but in that case, dont brag about loosing in the end.

As for gg, I usually say vbg even if it was a gg lol...
                  And if they let go of that little pressure they still maintain the other team just stomps the Core, if they take the time to point out the imballance...

Though thta your team is piledriving them should give yo ua clue but... alas not

Comment

I see a LOT of newbs...that get to the end of a game...that wasnt TOO lopsided...had even teams...they take a look at the teams, cause people are leaving or dropping out and I say GG...and the response is...IT WAS UNEVEN TEAMS....when it wasnt...SOMEBODY is going to win..I have been in a few games where both teams were just about even and it was one step forward one step back...ALL GAME LONG..it only takes ONE weak link to loose a game though..

Comment

What I dislike more than a winning team saying "GG" after an unfair match, is the losing team saying "BG".

Yeah it sucks to lose an unfair game, but being pissy about it is just being immature and b*tchy. What are the point of games if they arent fun? Are games really only fun when you win?

Comment

Never lose sight of the fact that it's just a bit of fun. (a game)
                        Getting so worked up over so little has to be bad for your health!

Chill.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
                          What I dislike more than a winning team saying "GG" after an unfair match, is the losing team saying "BG".

Yeah it sucks to lose an unfair game, but being pissy about it is just being immature and b*tchy. What are the point of games if they arent fun? Are games really only fun when you win?
                          Well the loosing team has a more valid point than the winning team to say BG contra GG in an unfair match...

I cant see the fun in an Ons match being over in 5 minutes only to see it being repeated over and over again...

A good Ons match should be 20-25 minutes long with some solid gameplay and ferocious fighting over the middle nodes, not sit outside the enemies first node for 15-20 minutes and the deffending team have no chance to a comeback, wich is the main problem on Torlan and some other maps...

Comment

Completly missed the point, hardly supprising really :/

I never said you should **** and moan nor is it the fault of the bad players.

What you do is get some of the better players to swap or you end up having a game where half the server is fed up just to please the likes of people like you who have no interest in a truly good game just one where you can have fun.

I COULD have fun by installing cheats and following you around and owning you all day but i dont, what im sick of is people acting like good sportsmen but really just interested in their own score.

What are you doing playing a team game when you dont care about your team or the game itself, go play DM.
                            Hmmm... well perhaps I did. Getting some people to change teams just to balance skills sounds good but not very doable unless you are on a sever where everyone pretty much knows everyone. Then the problem usually doesn't exist.

When I play it's not to be the top score (as I said already I rarely look at F1 unless someone brings up the team number problem). It's to contribute to the team effort. The noob that want's to play better learns by seeing examples of what team play is — there just is no other way with ONS. If I didn't care about the team/game and just my score then I would go play DM but I won't.

Most of the time I can't pick the team I'm on so all I can do is the best I can do for my team win or lose. Yes I have changed teams (as I know you have) when I see that the individual scores are way lopsided, but that isn't always a good indicator. Perhaps the best indicator is when one team has two nodes built right off the bat before the other team even starts one — then something is really wrong and needs a look see. :weird:

Comment

With the clan I'm in, clan [lGf], we were playing in the CB ONS-cup!
                              We lost all of our matches miserably,but we always say GG!
                              It's just part of good sportmanship!

Comment

Working...
                              X