• Show
Clear All

Found a very fun glitch in UT2004

Here's a cool glitch I found in UT2004

-Start playing any match.
    -Press F11 and open the music player.
    -Play any other music file.
    -Forfeit the match.
    -Go back to the main menu and go into community then movies and load any video.

Now instead of watching the video you will be playing in it.

Enjoy ^.^

that DOES sound cool. too bad im getting m computer in 5 days....oh well. (iv already bought UT2k4EC

Comment

Didn't work for me. :/

Comment

heh. i got it to work with the BR Tut movie. its sorta interesting. Tutorial Anubis has an ion painter, only one base has a goal and only one base has a shock rifle. also the red base has red torches but blue flags and a blue goal...

Comment

i presume this would not work on self recorded demos

Comment

oce had something like this happening to me too. I wanted to watch the intro movie of ut2k4 SP again. when i klicked on it to watch it I actually played a match in that level really funny. you would spawn in the chinees house in that tunnel thing and in the scorched landscape. you do have to use the addbots command

Comment

Originally posted by killalot0
              oce had something like this happening to me too. I wanted to watch the intro movie of ut2k4 SP again. when i klicked on it to watch it I actually played a match in that level really funny. you would spawn in the chinees house in that tunnel thing and in the scorched landscape. you do have to use the addbots command
              yeah, actually that happened to me once 2. and the models of XAN and people were 2d and slide straight down into the ground when shot. :weird:

Comment

I have been testing this glitch out a lot, and I think there is more then 1 way to play in the movies. It seems like this is happening to a lot of you so please post how you did this and what UT2004 you have. I suspected that the Editors Choice Edition had somthing to do with it but only 1 of you said it didnt work.

Comment

ML: Well, if there is to any help, i do got ECE. But i'll try this again.

EDIT: Bleh. :/

Comment

that has happened to me while i was watching the ut2k4 intro. i got to play in the place where xan is kicking some ***.

Comment

IMO no need for the F11 part. Just select the SP Intro and try... Happenend to me too. :/

Comment

Oh no wonder, now I know why I was able to play in those maps rather than watch them. Must. Say. It.:

OMGWTFEPICPLZFIXKTHXBAI!!11!ONEONEELEVEN

Comment

I think this would be a really good way to get screen shots from recorded movies.

So if anybody knows if this is working in self recorded demos plz post.

I havn't got it to work yet

Comment

Used to have this bug after i tried a crappy mutator of mine.
                            Dunno what caused the bug, but it was quite annoying

Comment

I can't get it to work...I'm also running the latest patch, if that makes any difference.

Another thing I tried is just directly going to the map instead of actually h9itting the menus ("map tut-br" or dm or ctf....etc.).

Fun stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X