WASD ppl, what key do you use to jump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psych0r4y
    I've always used the arrowkeys + right ctrl for jumping.

Comment

hmmm looks liek most peopel use space......am i the only that uses "E"?

Comment

arrow keys, left mb: primary fire, right mb: jump, numpad 0: alternate fire, numpad 1: use, enter: crouch, shift: shock rifle, mouse thumb button: flak, ctrl: TS key

:weird:

Comment

Originally posted by {S!N}Sloth
          most people have adopted the MX510 which has 8 buttons plus the scroll wheel (i think). I use

RMB = jump
          button right below the scroll = secondary fire
          LMB = primary fire

scroll up = LG
          scroll down = SR
          thumb fwd = flak
          thumb bak = rox
          etc etc...

my middle finger stays on the RMB for jumping and my index finger can do all the firing etc. almost all weps are bound to the mouse (when you are switching weps you aren't firing) meaning i don't have to remove my finger from movement keys EVER... and we all know how important staying mobile is in this game. it seems very logical to me...
          I used to have the mx700 (wireless version of mx510 i believe). Did you have to modify anything so you could use your few (million) extra mouse buttons ingame? Reason Im asking, im getting an mx1000 with my new computer.

Comment

bad pic (camera phone)

but this is what i use for gaming, nostromo N52, some people migh tell you it sux, some others will tell you it rocks, you have to see for yourself.
            the joystick isnt for UT2004, its for BF 2 and other games that have flying things.

Comment

WASD

Jump=space
              Crouch=shift
              Throw weapon=left control
              Voice menu=z
              various communications= bottom row x through /

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                People using anything other than fire/2ndry fire on their mouse is at a disadvantage IMO, because when you use them buttons your mouse is going to move slightly.

At least for me, keeping only the fire buttons on the mouse also helps me concentrait, one had does combat the other does movement and weapon selection, its not that im uncoordinated, its just that having anything else on my mouse is just going to disrupt the aiming and firing process.
                Well everytime you use your mouse buttons to fire you will move your mouse regardless...

Comment

i use wasd for movement, space for jump, c for crouch and shift for walk. left mouse for primary, right for secondary.

i 99% of the time play instagib so right mouse doesnt get used much except when i go spasmic and use both left and right to fire (non zoom instagib both do the same function)

esdf and similar combinations i can understand, as they are same as wasd but just with more buttons around. but wtf? zqsd ? how is that physically possible? unless your keyboard is like rotated or you have screwed up hands :bulb:

my friend has some seriously screwed movement keys (gg quake) he uses a for left, s for right, d for back, and right mouse for forward. thats screwed by having 2 hands controlling movement and also screwed by having the 2 side movement keys next to each other

as for mouse sensitivity i use 3.5 which is 8cm per 360 degrees.

Comment

ZQSD is a bit insane if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Idren
                      ZQSD is a bit insane if you ask me.
                      whoever is using that, either have some hand deformity
                      or is just a big showoff, i dont see how that cab be any confortable for any person with a normal hand anatomy.

Comment

Originally posted by inventor209
                        hmmm looks liek most peopel use space......am i the only that uses "E"?
                        How do you dodge jump right well at all?

I use WASD and the problem I have with setting anything else to a key that I'll need to use on the move (unlike "Use". More like switch weapons.) is that I won't be able to run or dodge in that direction and my fingers will get tangled and I might lose control for a second.

For example: I hold F to tell my team something, and I can no longer strafe right. If I need to badly, my middle finger (used for forward) will take its place, and my ring finger will move to W. It takes a second to recoup from that.

Comment

whats WASD?
                          5123 and numpad Enter.

Comment

Originally posted by aTourist
                            whats WASD?
                            5123 and numpad Enter.
                            8426 and 9 for teh win.

Comment

& crouch in greyslash

Comment

Originally posted by TørmentøR
                                whoever is using that, either have some hand deformity
                                or is just a big showoff, i dont see how that cab be any confortable for any person with a normal hand anatomy.
                                AZERTY ring a bell on why?

I for one use the arrow keys, I don't quite get how all of the sudden WASD/ZQSD has become the standerd overnight, just at one point in time it popped up and it was all over.

I've tried it and I can't adjust to the change, I don't really need the change actually, so I'll stick with arrows!

Comment

Working...
                                X