Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, this idea would help, especially for 56kers (when DSL cost 60$ a month in your area)

I was downloading a map, it was like 7000KB, I waited till it finished, but then there were textures at a size of 40000KB, so I just gave up and quit. If i knew what the total size was, I wouldn't have bothered to try. Great idea.

Comment

Re: EPIC: The downloading needs to be more detailed

Originally posted by AgentZero
      Its a tiny request, not really improving gameplay or anything, but its a MAJOR annoyance, for me atleast.

What I would like to see is a 2 progress bars (one for the file and the other as a FULL progress bar), as in when you're downloading say 10 files off a server, the first progress bar would show you the how much one file is downloaded and the second progress bar would show you the TOTAL downloaded and remaining. Kind of like how most of the setups are with 2 progress bars. It just would help so much because then I would know how long I would have to wait for downloading to finish in which the meantime I might quit if it would take too long. While downloading, I think there should be a list of files that on the side somewhere, that shows you all the details (such as size) about the files that are/need to be downloaded.

EDIT: I'D ALSO LIKE TO TIME REMAINING AND TOTAL TIME REMAINING. Seeing as how consistent the speed is for UT downloads, I think the time remaining shown would be really accurate in UT, unlike downloads from the internet.

Also, I would like to see some sort of server functionality for servers so that you can see if anybody is downloading anything off the server (it would help because then I would know whether or not to switch the map depending on if anybody is downloading).

One more thing, you SHOULD be able to talk with other players while loading/downloading the map.

LIKE I SAID, THIS IS MORE OF A MAJOR ANNOYANCE THAN ANYTHING ELSE (TO ME ATLEAST). On top of that, it doesnt take much effort to do.

So is this possible in a UT2004 patch? Or only in UT2007?
      I absolutely disagree with everything you just posted. For whatever reason, I find the percentage indicator in 2k4 MUCH more informative than any progress bar is in any other game. I find it much nicer, simpler, and generally better.

:down:

Comment

Re: Re: EPIC: The downloading needs to be more detailed

Originally posted by 1 of 42
        I absolutely disagree with everything you just posted. For whatever reason, I find the percentage indicator in 2k4 MUCH more informative than any progress bar is in any other game. I find it much nicer, simpler, and generally better.

sorry, but can you please elaborate Just wondering why you think the progress bar is so great

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
          Software patents are so ridiculously retarded. I hope to god (or suitable substitute) that the powers that be in Europe see sense to not go down the American road of software patents. Associated linkage

As for the original topic, it's not the first time it's been suggested, but I hope it gets done in some way by Epic.
          And to think, if i was to murder the person who thought up software patents in a bloody chainsaw massacre I Would go to jail!!!!:sour:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: EPIC: The downloading needs to be more detailed

Originally posted by suttonator
            sorry, but can you please elaborate Just wondering why you think the progress bar is so great
            He said the progress bar sucks and would rather keep what we have RIGHT NOW. And you asked why he thinks the progress bar is great...did u mean why he thinks it sucks?:weird:

Comment

Re: Re: EPIC: The downloading needs to be more detailed

Originally posted by 1 of 42

He never said to remove the % value... You can still have that shown while the progress bars are below.

Comment

Re: EPIC: The downloading needs to be more detailed

This isn't genius, somebody mentioned it before AND provided a slick mockup screenshot.

Very good idea though, AgentZero.

Comment

I'd also like it if it ASKED you "Download custom content?" before it actually starts forcing **** onto your computer. I'd also like to know what the hell all the stuff does.

I'm so tired of seeing stuff like "downloading Amd21-f439ut", I just want to know what it does.

Comment

yeah that would be extremleyx nice for the computer to be able to display the info

Comment

Really, I would really like to see this added into UT2004. RCT3:Soaked has this, and it is quite good, and it would go well with UT2004 also. It's nice to know what you are downloading and how long it will actually take.

Comment

Originally posted by bctrainers
                        Really, I would really like to see this added into UT2004. RCT3:Soaked has this, and it is quite good, and it would go well with UT2004 also. It's nice to know what you are downloading and how long it will actually take.
                        no talk of other games in here, perma-ban please?

but yeh good idea, in this world of all things microsoft we need some sort of progress bar on our screen, doesn't feel right without one, but there is one stipulation, it musn't be in any way accurate.

wasn't there a mention of being able to speak to other ppl on the server during loading time in the next UT? if so I'm just happy with that so I can moan and say "how long is this **** map taking to load" :up:

Comment

Originally posted by bctrainers
                          Sorry for being OT, but..... You have WL!!! :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by eviL<3
                            Sorry for being OT, but..... You have WL!!! :haha:
                            User moderators have not been moderators for their entire lives

willhaven has WL too, and he's a level designer for Epic. Scandalous isn't it :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                              willhaven has WL too, and he's a level designer for Epic. Scandalous isn't it :bulb:
                              It's getting worse every day! It's so sad!

Comment

what is WL ???

Comment

Working...
                                X