This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPIC: The downloading needs to be more detailed

Its a tiny request, not really improving gameplay or anything, but its a MAJOR annoyance, for me atleast.

What I would like to see is a 2 progress bars (one for the file and the other as a FULL progress bar), as in when you're downloading say 10 files off a server, the first progress bar would show you the how much one file is downloaded and the second progress bar would show you the TOTAL downloaded and remaining. Kind of like how most of the setups are with 2 progress bars. It just would help so much because then I would know how long I would have to wait for downloading to finish in which the meantime I might quit if it would take too long. While downloading, I think there should be a list of files that on the side somewhere, that shows you all the details (such as size) about the files that are/need to be downloaded.

EDIT: I'D ALSO LIKE TO TIME REMAINING AND TOTAL TIME REMAINING. Seeing as how consistent the speed is for UT downloads, I think the time remaining shown would be really accurate in UT, unlike downloads from the internet.

Also, I would like to see some sort of server functionality for servers so that you can see if anybody is downloading anything off the server (it would help because then I would know whether or not to switch the map depending on if anybody is downloading).

One more thing, you SHOULD be able to talk with other players while loading/downloading the map.

LIKE I SAID, THIS IS MORE OF A MAJOR ANNOYANCE THAN ANYTHING ELSE (TO ME ATLEAST). On top of that, it doesnt take much effort to do.

So is this possible in a UT2004 patch? Or only in UT2007?

^genius

Comment

Originally posted by Lexmark
      ^genius

and yes you can get an amen

Comment

I heard that load of times.

But heh, thats a good idea. I realy want to them to implement all this.

Comment

EPICFIXX! :up: (really! )

Comment

not a bad idea, id rather like to be able to play pong during load screens, that would be **** :P

Comment

^genius

Comment

YES PLZ THX. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill
                  not a bad idea, id rather like to be able to play pong during load screens, that would be **** :P
                  Nintendos patented minigames during load times :|

Tottally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Homicidal
                    Make remakes of them, it is possible (ask porkmankii)

^genius
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Homicidal
                      Software patents are so ridiculously retarded. I hope to god (or suitable substitute) that the powers that be in Europe see sense to not go down the American road of software patents. Associated linkage

As for the original topic, it's not the first time it's been suggested, but I hope it gets done in some way by Epic.

Comment

Seconded, but
                        Originally posted by The_Deacon
                        it's not the first time it's been suggested

Comment

I agree. Although I'd even settle for some sort of notice as to how many files (and approximate size) I have to download before I can actually connect. I hate thinking that once this 10MB map is finished downloading, I can play - only to find out that there are another dozen **** skins/sounds/etc to download.

Kinda reminds me of Office Space when Peter is trying to leave work early on Friday, and his computer has to go through a dozen processes before it can finally shut down.

-commiecat

Comment

i would also like the option to be able to see if a server has voice activated whilst in the server browser

Pong would just increase load time

and on my current computer 12 seconds is a little short for a game of pong

Comment

I thought they were getting rid of all the loading screens because of the seamless streaming map technology (or whatever it's called) that they've implemented into the new engine

though it'd be nice to see it in UT2k4 if they could do it

Comment

Working...
                              X