Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INSTEAD of a clan WEBSITE in the game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTEAD of a clan WEBSITE in the game...

...make it like integrated into the game itself, we dont want a HTML WEBSITE or a HTML BROWSER in game, we want everything integrated into the GAME GUI itself. So i mean like every clan in UT would REGISTER just like how you register with the stats except you MAY choose to put personal info in there, and that would be your profile.

Then after that there would be a section/tab that says "CLANS" and then there would be a whole list of clans involved in various ladders, and there would be details beside each of the clans name such as the full unabbrievated name, the rating, # of members, etc.(like a detailed list in windows explorer).

When you doubleclick on the clan it would give you even MORE details, like a list of all the members there (also their rank and position), the logo (that they would upload or host or watever), their website address, their list of matches, the ladders they are involved in, etc. (all of the stuff the www.iglnet.com ladder has). Also you should be able to click on each members name and you will get to see their profile with personal info (if they choose to show) and all of their stats and matches just like on the stats website except integrated into the GUI (not a HTML browser).

You should also be able to CHALLENGE a clan via a CHALLENGE BUTTON, so when you click on that it would like show a match select screen where you choose the map and gametype and mutators, etc.. and the clan would get the message when they run the game and they can choose to accept or deny and leave a comment if they wish.

Just like how theres a challenge button, there should be a JOIN BUTTON, when somebody clicks on that they get to leave an optional message if you wish, and the clan gets the message and they get to choose to accept or deny, and also they can choose to give the player a tryout before they accept.

Also about the global rating system that shows you how clans have done against each other, make it integrated with the GUI itself and NOT in HTML.

So the point im making is everything should be more integrated and tied in (within the GUI and not in HTML), things like clan support. So say you change your name, it would automatically be updated on the clan page in UT. Also there would be a clan TAG that would show up as a different COLOR (in the scoreboard) to differentiate from your name and the tag. Ofcourse, you wouldnt actually TYPE the tag into your name, but instead it would automatically be chosen from when you join a clan, you should also be able to HIDE your tag (somewhere in options) if you want to play under an alias or something.

OFFICIAL Clan MATCH support should be supported as well, so there would be a server and time and setting that both clans have agreed to play on (agreed from ingame ofcourse), and only those belonging to one of the two clans will be allowed to enter, so you no longer have to type in a password, just join if you're supposed to be there . For other players that arent in 1 of the 2 clans, they would be given the choice to go back to the server browser or spectate (if the server allows spectate). The winning clan would get recorded in the global rating system as the winner, UNLESS both clans agree that it wasnt a FAIR game (i dunno why but sometimes weird things happen).

They should have server graphics like in BF2. Those were nice.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. Sounds really hard to make work though.

Comment

i remember (at least i think i do) them saying something about making a kind of lobby for servers in UT2007

it would probably not be too difficult to integrate that into a lobby system

Comment

instead of the challenge thing, they should have the ladders and leagues integrated into UT2k7. so say you go to the clan area in UT2k7, there's also a competition info thing where it would have stuff from TWL, clanbase, OLB, etc. any tournaments and ladders that are happening. then whenever you click on a clan, you could issue them a challenge on a specific ladder or whatnot.

good god, i did a terrible job of explaining what i was thinking. but i don't have enough time to go back and make it intelligent.

Comment

I dont think putting epic in charge of the competitive community would be such a good idea. Just has too much potential for disagreements, not mentioning the resources to manage the operation.

Comment

Originally posted by chimbaktu
              instead of the challenge thing, they should have the ladders and leagues integrated into UT2k7. so say you go to the clan area in UT2k7, there's also a competition info thing where it would have stuff from TWL, clanbase, OLB, etc. any tournaments and ladders that are happening. then whenever you click on a clan, you could issue them a challenge on a specific ladder or whatnot.

good god, i did a terrible job of explaining what i was thinking. but i don't have enough time to go back and make it intelligent.
              umm...chim...i hate to break it to ya...but you never make sense

Comment

I don't think this ingame system can replace IRC for competetive communication, I know I sure as hell don't want to have the whole game running bogging down my whole system just to setup matches and communicate with other teams, I have mirc running all the time, could you imagine having the whole game running 24/7 ?

I think we can all see the potential fiasco if this system needs to depend on Epic keeping the scores online.

Call me paranoid if you will, but I see this system as a way to gain control over the competetive side of the game, so they can force the people using the system to play the game 'like it was meant to be played' - I know that if this system has any potential AT ALL to force specific game settings/rules or what mutators can be used then I will not be using it.

Comment

No.

IRC + a web browser is enough. Well, they did try to put an irc client in UT2004, don't know if anyone uses it however. I want to load up Ut2007 to play UT2007, load up an IRC client to use IRC and load up a web browser to browse ladder websites and such. I don't even know why they want to make clan websites browseable inside the game. Well not that I would ever use a browser made by a game developper. A bit risky imo.

In addition, given Epic's track record with stats systems, how the hell could you even suggest they have anything to do with keeping records and rankings for ladders...

Comment

Originally posted by =XM=
                    No.

IRC + a web browser is enough. Well, they did try to put an irc client in UT2004, don't know if anyone uses it however. I want to load up Ut2007 to play UT2007, load up an IRC client to use IRC and load up a web browser to browse ladder websites and such. I don't even know why they want to make clan websites browseable inside the game. Well not that I would ever use a browser made by a game developper. A bit risky imo.

In addition, given Epic's track record with stats systems, how the hell could you even suggest they have anything to do with keeping records and rankings for ladders...
                    Epic wants to add clan browser to introduce new players to competitive community. A large amount of interested players dont know really know alot about the ut competitive scene, or how to use irc to find pubs & clan matches. By giving them easier access, their hoping to get more casual player involved.

At most, it should be an introductory system to get more casual players involved in clans and the community. centalizing the entire ut community ingame is too extreme imo.

Comment

Would work, just a lot more overhead.

Comment

Working...
                      X