Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse probs making me lose against bots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse probs making me lose against bots...

i recently got a new mouse and its not working right. it gets stuck when i try to move it, most of the time when moving it left. the mouse ball is moving but on screen it isnt. up and down work most of the time but also had probs with them and moving it right too. It stops moving in 1 direction temporarily.
    Its a Trust AMI Mouse Single Scroll. Its a ball mouse.
    Ive tried cleaning the rollers and downloading the latest drivers but it doesnt make a difference.
    how can i sort this out?
    is it a general prob with ball mice? this is the first ball mouse ive used on this comp. had laser mouse before but that decided to stop moving at random times and wouldnt move again until i shut down or unplugged it..
    i cant beat godlike bots on as-mothership in the single player mode because of it not letting me move the mouse to aim..

you bought a ball mouse to play UT?

Comment

Originally posted by f1@k
      you bought a ball mouse to play UT?
      nope. my laser mouse broke so someone gave me the ball mouse..

Comment

Well youll get that with a ball mouse but there is probably a chance that the little roller things in side your mouse ( the thing that allows it to turn) might be damaged. Also if you go to compusa you'll find a laser one for 20.00 or ten bucks. It might not be a MX18 but it'll do the job well since i got one. It is very accurate and fast and smooth it is the blue and grayish one. it is compusa made. Or you can go on newegg.com to get one for like less than ten but it might noit be very good. But whatever you do DONT GET A DUMB DELL OPTICAL MOUSE it is so restrictive cause of the hard to move feet it has.

Comment

"Trust".. that brand sucks monkey balls.. that is your problem. Get a decent mouse ASAP.

Comment

Does this only happen when playing against bots? If so, I had a similar problem, and turning off the text-to-speech synthesizer fixes it. (Or maybe voice recognition, hard to remember.)

Comment

The mouse keeps getting worse so ive changed to my old laser mouse but thats broken too. when i use it it sometimes freezes and wont move so i have to pull my comp out of the desk and pull the mouse PS/2 connector out n put back in to make it work again.
              im gunna get a new mouse tomorrow. was hoping i just had a prob that could be fixed..eg a driver bug..seems not.

Originally posted by Blaargh
              Does this only happen when playing against bots? If so, I had a similar problem, and turning off the text-to-speech synthesizer fixes it. (Or maybe voice recognition, hard to remember.)
              i meant that because of the mouse not working i cant play. it was making my aiming so bad that bots could beat me easily...not that my mouse went wrong only when playing vs bots. it goes wrong all the time, even when not playing games.

is a logitec optical mouse good?

Comment

Originally posted by logan90
                is a logitec optical mouse good?
                Yeah, pretty much universally.

Comment

My logitech optical is one of the cheapest but its apprx 1000 times better than all the previous ones with balls. Nothing can **** me off more than being killed by some almost invisible particle. I would rather swap my display card to some more ancient model than go back to using a ball mouse.

Comment

Working...
                  X