Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
    Diamondback
    I had the MX510....went to the Diamondback....I'm back to my 510 and considering the 518

the DB's shape & buttons bluntly suck

Comment

Originally posted by PxRGrimJack
      I had the MX510....went to the Diamondback....I'm back to my 510 and considering the 518

the DB's shape & buttons bluntly suck
      In your opinion. I love my diamondback.

Comment

Originally posted by °»K@M«°
        However the real big issues imo which seperate the mx518 from the RDB as the superior gaming mouse is the weight of both mices, the mx518 only weighs 3.7 oz while the RDB weighs 14.11 oz. The RDB will cause more fatigue on the wrist than the mx518 on long gaming sessions.

Another problem with the weight of the RDB is that it causes more friction than necessary on cloth pads. Even though the feet are teflon pads this still doesnt compare to the better arrangement of the super slick feet of the mx518. It glides much better giving just the right amount of friction necessary.

The RDB can be modded to reduce the weight of the mouse, so causing less fatigue and slightly less friction, but why bother going to that hassle when the mx518 already has this.
        That's obvious nonsense, I have both mice in my hands and the RDB weighs 90 grams while the MX518 weighs 106 grams. Just the physical mice. The RDB has long been touted lighter by many gamers, one of the less significant reasons to purchase one.

Both mice glide the same on a conventional cloth supermat. Neither causes any fatigue after an hour of play, even though I have fairly weak and skinny wrists.

And for the last paragraph, it's more of the other way around; at least between the RDB and MX510. The RDB has no integrated weight.

Just because you support one doesn't mean you should makes lies about the other. :down: That technique is already overplayed.

OP: You made the right choice with the MX518 (sensor-wise anyway) as I believe it has an option to switch down to 800 DPI in case you ever need the MX510 feel. I've tried all three mice and while I cannot accurately say which feels better, I can say that I aim better with an RDB for whatever reason.

Enjoy the MX518 nonetheless.

Comment

310 baby! 518 looks sweet though.

Comment

Working...
          X