MX510 or MX518?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX510 or MX518?

Im thinking of what to get, and I was thinking of an MX518, but some of the prices are.....pricey. On the other hand, Ive seen MX510's go on ebay for £24 (Im in UK), and a mousepad, if anyone can reccomend a good one .

<3 my MX510, if it broke I would probaby get another one rather than pay extra for the MX518

Comment

MX518 + func1030 + 1 sens = :heart:

and still i remain n00b :bored:

Comment

hmm id go for the mx518 simply because it got better specs, and uhm in some way a cooler look.

but if the prize difference is to big, well then go for the mx510 it aint bad at all, im still using mine, and it works fine, have had it for like, uhm 1 year and 3 months or smth

Comment

There is only a 10 dollar difference between them at new egg. SHop around and go for the 518.

Comment

For all intents and purposes, they're the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
              Placebo rules kthx... Actually the MX510 is 800DPI (I read somewhere, and I dont think thats right?) and the MX518 is 1600DPI.....OK, Ill check and newegg and see if it ships to the UK.....anyone know a (big) smooth mousepad?
              EDIT: OK, newegg doesnt ship to UK, but I checked on ebay once again and looked in the foreign sellers part, to find a new MX518 from germany, with the entire price totalling to £35 (about $63) , do you think that is a good price incl VAT + Shipping?
              EDIT2: Hehe, I just saw a BFG 7800GTX for £425....hehehehe....

Comment

mouse pad: destrukt if you can find one, if not supermat.

Comment

If u consider urself being a newb u should'nt buy an expensive mouse, but if ur an ok player go 4 the MX 518.

Comment

518, definitely. I can feel a considerable improvement from my old 510.

As for the mousepad, go with a Destrukt Megamat. You can get one at GotGear.

Comment

id say go for the 510.. if youre going to need a large mouse mat, then wouldnt that mean you wouldnt use 1600dpi because your sensetivity would be low anyway??

just my two pence :noob:

ps: try dabs.com or Ebuyer, they have good prices on MX510s, i got mine for £24 about 6 months ago

Comment

Jaffa - the lower of sensitivity you use, the more mouse space you need to make the same movements.

Comment

I know, thats what i was saying.. if he's using a large mouse mat (which is what he's looking for) then in theory wouldn't the mean he'd probably need to lower the Windows sensitivity to say.... 800dpi?

i have a feeling ive missed something important in this anyway

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                            Do you have one?

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                              Diamondback sucks.
                              fixed

I bought an MX518 and an Xtrac ripper XL mouse pad. I needed a huge pad since I play on such a low sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X