Asus A8V-E Deluxe Opinions Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus A8V-E Deluxe Opinions Please!

I have decided getting this mobo so i was wondering if i did the right thing and if it is dependable. and please tell any errors you have experienced with this mobo.

um...well.. its a nice colour...:bulb:

:weird:

Asus are a reliable make dude i wouldnt worry about it. Just get it :up:

Comment

It'll probably light on fire as soon as you turn it on if you get it.

Comment

im just a bit nervous about building this rig since this is my first build ever.:cry:

Comment

Don't worry, it's all perfectly simple and you'll have no trouble at all except for 1 or 2 perfectly simple little problems you won't know how to solve, and which nobody else in the entire world will have ever heard of or have any idea what to do about, but these won't take you more than a week or maybe a month to find out the perfectly simple solutions to them, and the chances you'll give yourself a stress related aneurism or fly into a murderous rage with a powerful handgun putting huge bullet holes in all your electrical appliances in the meantime are really quite minimal.

Comment

Re: Asus A8V-E Deluxe Opinions Please!

Originally posted by =Unreal=Coward
            I have decided getting this mobo so i was wondering if i did the right thing and if it is dependable. and please tell any errors you have experienced with this mobo.
            I have it. No problems whatsoever. Have fun with it.

Comment

Thanks dood but i have another question? If for example my mobo is defective will they replace the part thats isn't working or the whole thing and will it be free?

Comment

No, if something's wrong with the motherboard they'll ask for your photograph and then post it on a wall labelled "Suckers Who Want An Exchange" in company headquarters and laugh at it all day.

I have a A8V Deluxe; works fine, but there's a caveat in that if you want to boot off a SATA drive, you have to copy some files off the driver CD that comes with the mobo onto a floppy disk, in order to be able to install Windows XP.

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
                  I have a A8V Deluxe; works fine, but there's a caveat in that if you want to boot off a SATA drive, you have to copy some files off the driver CD that comes with the mobo onto a floppy disk, in order to be able to install Windows XP.
                  Ya. That sucked pretty much. I was smart enough to pay the extra $5 for the floppy drive, but i had to find another pc that had one too. Took some time. :bulb:

Comment

It has the K8T890 chipset, which is slightly slower than the Nforce4 chipset. It's almost negligable but if you count that it has many fewer features, it might make a difference to you. I'd go with the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum board if I were you.

Comment

thanks ill go check out that board.

Comment

I checked the other mobo out and it is 2 much than what I feel comfortable with.

Comment

I've owned 2 different Asus Boards, one of which I am running right now. I've NEVER had trouble. They build awesome boards, and their support is top notch. :up:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X