Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community-Made Assault for UT2007? (RoAR 2.0?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community-Made Assault for UT2007? (RoAR 2.0?)

So what of AS not making the cut for UT2007? Will some lone, brave, 14-year-old souls from the community band together with somebody twice their age and make their own? Will Epic announce a UT2008 halfway through the development? Will half of the members go offline indefinately during the duration of the project? Will one of the members **** 1337 screenshots and an alpha of his map two years after the release but never actually finish it?! Will all of the other maps be utter **** due to 14-year-old mapper with under-developedm inds?! Will another 20 page flame-war erupt after the projects release?! Will the team leader go insane and threaten lawsuits against Epic and then fade from the public eye?! Will the community be set ablaze once again?!

Yeah so anyway, I was wondering if anybody felt strongly enough, felt brave enough, felt passionately enough, to create Assault as a mod for UT2004. Not that I'm saying that I'll organize the project, because I certainly am not capable of such an endeavor, but do you think it could happen?

I think the assault community will move over to conquest. Or whatever it'll be called.

Thats just my thoughts tho.

Comment

There are only like 50-60 NA AS players :\

Comment

OMG, We really need another Doc_Edo? :down::cry:

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
          Will some lone, brave, 14-year-old souls from the community band together with somebody twice their age and make a bunch of race/trials maps?
          Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeBee
            What servers are you playing on? :bulb:
            I've seen 100+ in one night of gaming(bout a 4-6 hour period)
            Out of those, at least 25 are clanners

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
              I think the assault community will move over to conquest. Or whatever it'll be called.
              Yeah, either that OR, I bet you could just make a mutator for... uh, that gametype... that would set it up as AS, since most of the elements will probably still be there.

If that's the case, mapping will still be the main problem. If they really want CON/ whatever to work out, they'll take the hint from 2k4 and simplify it a good bit.

And all that RoAR nonsense sounds like melodramarama. Glad I missed that...

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
                And all that RoAR nonsense sounds like melodramarama. Glad I missed that...
                True, and definitely be glad you missed it

And I thought AS is going to be in UT2007 :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                  And I thought AS is going to be in UT2007 :weird:
                  Nope, AS as such is definitely out.

The new gametype (working title is "Conquest,' likely to be changed) is currently described as a mixture of AS and ONS.

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
                    Nope, AS as such is definitely out.

The new gametype (working title is "Conquest,' likely to be changed) is currently described as a mixture of AS and ONS.
                    Hope it will look more like assault then ons, because they still make ons to.... . Wonder if their will be nodes, tbh, thats simplified imo the only unique thing about ons...the nodes, assault has also vehicles.

Comment

If that's the case, mapping will still be the main problem. If they really want CON/ whatever to work out, they'll take the hint from 2k4 and simplify it a good bit.
                      they already have with the Kismet coding system, it supposedly makes coding a hell of a lot easier for mappers since it's more visual or something like that...just read some of the interviews they mention it there

Comment

Re: Community-Made Assault for UT2007? (RoAR 2.0?)

...UT2008...
                        these words and numbers together make a very strange sound for my ears

Comment

Re: Community-Made Assault for UT2007? (RoAR 2.0?)

Will some lone, brave, 14-year-old souls from the community band together with somebody twice their age and make their own?
                          Will all of the other maps be utter **** due to 14-year-old mapper with under-developedm inds?!
                          what have you got against 14 year olds?? :noob:

Comment

If Assault maps are hard to make, wouldn't Conquest be even more complex?

Comment

Originally posted by lumpia
                              If Assault maps are hard to make, wouldn't Conquest be even more complex?
                              Still complex, but not painfully complex like with the old engine. The "Unreal Kismet" scripting system makes doing what we did in 2K4 AS a breeze in comparison to the old way.

Comment

Working...
                              X