Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX518 and Mouse Lag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MX518 and Mouse Lag

    I'm getting insane mouse lag at random points in the game. I just installed Windows XP, so I got DirectX 9.0c and the newest Setpoint and newly installed UT2004. Any ideas?

    #2
    Checked for a small hair under the LED?

    Thats something that always happens to me in the middle of a match.

    Comment


      #3
      its not ur mouse, its epics **** coding. i get it too regardless of settings and i have to enable that retarded option which cuts my fps by over 20.

      Comment


        #4
        Have you got a nVIDIA gpu if you have theres a setting in the drivers that causes the lag but you will only get this if you have untick the reduce mouse lag in Settings.

        Comment


          #5
          Make absolutely sure vSync is off everywhere you can possibly turn it off.
          Chances are the mouselag is worst when it takes the shortest amount of time to render a frame. This gives the game a chance to render frames ahead of time, meaning everything you see on-screen is lagged.

          Comment


            #6
            On the nVidia graphics driver there is an option called render frames ahead it is set to 3 it needs to be set at 0 to make the mouse lag not happen well you need coolbits to edit this problem just search coolbits in google to find the download hope this fixes your problem.

            This is only for nVIDIA users.

            Comment


              #7
              I've never had this problem.

              My wild guess is that 1 or more of the approximately 18,578 spyware applications you have infected your computer with over the past few days is interuppting your mouse movement every so often to transmit secret messages about your porn viewing habits to god knows where.

              Or something along those lines, or something.

              Well good luck anyway.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by blh
                My wild guess is that 1 or more of the approximately 18,578 spyware applications you have infected your computer with
                Originally posted by Harbl
                I just installed Windows XP, so I got DirectX 9.0c and the newest Setpoint and newly installed UT2004.

                Comment


                  #9
                  ok so maybe it's a few hundred then

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Ok well I went over to google and typed things like... "mouse lag"...
                    "causes mouse lag" ... and so on... and supposedly there's this thing about XP causing mouse lag in FPS games sometimes, doesn't disable acceleration properly or something. Maybe you've read about this already, looks like the issue's been out there since last year or so. Anyway, supposedly you can try to fix this with a reg file called "The CPL Mouse Fix." There's a copy of it here.

                    http://www.enamorgaming.co.uk/files.php

                    They give you 1 file to do the fix and 1 file to undo it.

                    Sorry if you've tried that already.

                    Maybe it would be good to try that w/o setpoint also. dunno.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by blh
                      ok so maybe it's a few hundred then
                      who?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Also if you search this forum on mouse lag you'll find a similar thread to this just recently where they solved their problem by switching to opengl. That was for ut99 though.

                        Well like I said I've never had a problem with this. I use W2K though.

                        Good luck.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by blh
                          Ok well I went over to google and typed things like... "mouse lag"...
                          "causes mouse lag" ... and so on... and supposedly there's this thing about XP causing mouse lag in FPS games sometimes, doesn't disable acceleration properly or something. Maybe you've read about this already, looks like the issue's been out there since last year or so. Anyway, supposedly you can try to fix this with a reg file called "The CPL Mouse Fix." There's a copy of it here.
                          1. This doesn't fix anything for UT2k4.
                          2. This doesn't fix anything if you have non-default mousedrivers installed.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Boksha
                            1. This doesn't fix anything for UT2k4.
                            I'll take your word for that. If the poor guy ever finds something that does work I hope he posts about that here too.

                            Originally posted by Boksha
                            2. This doesn't fix anything if you have non-default mousedrivers installed. [/B]
                            Yeah I figured it might not, that's why I suggested trying it w/o setpoint maybe.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Turn off mouse acceleration both in Windows and in game. $0.02

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X