Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New UT2007 Trailer (apparently old, but you might not have seen it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
    not exactly, but i'm pretty sure it was dual 6800GT's.
    THE VIDEO WAS FROM A FREAKING GEFORCE 7800 LAUNCH EVENT. WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WERE USING?

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
      THE VIDEO WAS FROM A FREAKING GEFORCE 7800 LAUNCH EVENT. WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WERE USING?
      BIG WORDS MAYBE?
      I was thinking of the E3 event, which basically showed the same ****.
      Go stuff yourself placebo.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
        BIG WORDS MAYBE?
        I was thinking of the E3 event, which basically showed the same ****.
        Go stuff yourself placebo.
        I'm just overreacting, nothing to see here.

Comment

I'm just overreacting, nothing to see here.
          all good...i actuall hadnt realised...man im glad the 7800's been released...now prices will go down for the 6800's so i can get one

Comment

i wish i had 2 pci-e slots for sli...still havent decided on a card yet.

Comment

PCIE at the moment, seems to be most useful for high res stuff (1600x1200) especially.

Comment

that is the only thing i have decided on... i have a single pcie slot and i will use it. oh and was thinking 128-256 ram 9anything is better than my 32mb onboard controller).

Comment

Originally posted by minkis18
                  that is the only thing i have decided on... i have a single pcie slot and i will use it. oh and was thinking 128-256 ram 9anything is better than my 32mb onboard controller).
                  think of it this way, wait a few months (like me), and im sure we will see 2 things:

1) ATI releases next card to compete with the GF7800 - or at least they will announce it and hype it up.

2) prices fall, and the margin between 128MB and 256MB cards narrows.

128 will become obselete soon. in 2010, we'll probably be talking about 1 gig (or equivilant). Who knows maybe more.

Comment

I'm tired of all this low-res streaming ****. I want some 640x480 high-quality downloadable goodness. :sour:

Comment

Im not really impressed at all by this trailer...

Ive watched it twice now, looking for special stuff that u should notice whats from the UE3 engine, the lightning ok, the combo effect nice, same as in UC2, but it still looks like a updated version of ut2k4 from my view, those explosions didnt look special at all + it seems that kevin riepl does the music once again... wich im not really a fan of, brings u back to the ut2k3/4 feeling, and the new chatty taunts... holy *****?, ****? ... sounds really cheesy, but i still got hopes that this will turn out good, Cmon guys this engine should easily beat the source + doom3 engine right?? :bored:

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                        I'm tired of all this low-res streaming ****. I want some 640x480 high-quality downloadable goodness. :sour:
                        Aren't you Fileplanet's only member? They should have it there soon.

Comment

Aren't you Fileplanet's only member? They should have it there soon.
                          Hah. Actually, I was wishing for something not recorded with a video camera - which, at this point, no one (other than Epic, I'm sure) has.

Comment

Originally posted by 7eVeN^
                            ... it seems that kevin riepl does the music once again...
                            true, just checked on kevin riepl site, he is making musics for gears of war and UT2007, epic likes kevin riepl musics

Comment

Originally posted by suttonator
                              think of it this way, wait a few months (like me), and im sure we will see 2 things:

1) ATI releases next card to compete with the GF7800 - or at least they will announce it and hype it up.

2) prices fall, and the margin between 128MB and 256MB cards narrows.

128 will become obselete soon. in 2010, we'll probably be talking about 1 gig (or equivilant). Who knows maybe more.
                              minkis is impatient. i have onboard graphics and some maps on 2k4 make me lag...also if i get WoW or guild wars, im gonna want a GPU. i do like the idea of 265 preice dropping but as for wait? i couldnt even wait the 2 days it took for my parts to ship for this comp after ordering :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear hazard
                                true, just checked on kevin riepl site, he is making musics for gears of war and UT2007, epic likes kevin riepl musics
                                all hail to the mp3 player!
                                we probably wont have a ingame mp3 player ingame with ut2007

but to get back on the kevin riepl part, i love soundtracks, movie composers such as, hans zimmer, james newton howard, danny elfman, john williams, howard shore... u name it, i love it... this guy has some tracks that are ok, but the computer formed orchestra wish he uses with his keyboard doenst sound like it should be.... Cant they hire a real orchestra and compose some real time soundtracks?? then ut2007 will rock for sure!

try to play UT2k4 with some music from the composers i have named above... its a beauty to listen to and a great way 2 play ut2k4 on a different way

Comment

Working...
                                X