UT2k4 Hitboxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im troubled how i missed this thread last year

Actally xfire has an image upload, i tryed it a lil. It shows the time the screenshot was taken and the server IP.
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...8ec28f8f70.png

Might want to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitty
      Too bad there isn't a way to force a client side screenshot and automatically upload it.
      Now that would solve so many problem!!!! Admin could look if someone is using obvious cheats with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitty
        force a client side screenshot and automatically upload it.
        America's Army does that, tho I'm not sure if it's the game itself that does it or PB

Friend of mine runs an AA server and that's one of the best ways to catch a cheater(especially if the pic is corrupted, some of the AA aimbots do that on purpose which is just as obvious as the aimbot commands being on-screen)

Comment

Bitty tlke to wormbo about your problem, maybe it's conflicting with something else. We're running this on 5 servers, 2 of them full every night.

Comment

messed anyway.

Comment

Heh, took me a while to realize the forums moved.

Originally posted by Flak
              Bitty tlke to wormbo about your problem, maybe it's conflicting with something else. We're running this on 5 servers, 2 of them full every night.
              Understood, but it doesn't address the core issue, does it? I'm part of a camping sniper community, and the real problem with this long-known (pre-3355 at least) issue for us is the fact that even with Wormbo's mutator it's very easy to spot the players. We've tried making all kinds of changes to the code to thwart the use of it, but it's just not working out. The only way to resolve this is to properly plug the hole. Make it behave like it was supposed to from the start. Relying on a third party to release an unsupported partial workaround is a copout in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by legacy-AlienMind
                I still don't grasp the idea... Imagine the instant a character is upside down because of some stupid animation. Is the hitbox on his feet now???
                Yeah. I've gotten tons of "Foot shots" and killed my oppnent in one hit even though they had over 70 health when they were in that dumb flip animation. Other times I aim right at the head and don't get a single head shot. And people wonder why head shots seem so random.

Comment

Working...
                X