Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[UT2007] Changeable WEATHER and TIME OF DAY ingame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UT2007] Changeable WEATHER and TIME OF DAY ingame?

I think this would be a great addition. I mean like...being able to change the weather soo...You should be able to make it rain, make it cloudy, make it foggy, make it snow, make it bright and sunny, or make it a THUNDERSTORM/SNOWSTORM! and so on and so forth...

Also, you should be able to make it NIGHT/DAY/DAWN and make it so that you can shoot out the lights! Obviously, the lights should only be LIT at NIGHT, also dont go too far with this by making it possible for players to destroy the map to pitch black darkness (perhaps maybe put some invulnerable shielded lights or something to prevent this? OR make a device to see in the pitch black darkness). So you can choose to have a very stealthy game! (nono i dont mean nighttime so we'll be able to use our ugly brightskins and turn UT into a stealth game, I mean you CAN CHOOSE nighttime IF you want to have a stealthy match. If you want it as a normal intense bloody deathmatch where you can clearly see everything then you choose daytime! If you want a good hiding spot OCCASIONALLY you choose Dawn!). Also, make 'being able to shoot out lights' as an OPTION for the players that want to play a night match BUT with all of lights ON and indestructible. and so on and so forth....

I think this would make very good use of UE3's great lighting and give us more variety in each map.

One more thing, I obviously mean these things should all be changeable INGAME without going to the map editor and without making a new map. ALL INGAME! (like whats the whole point if its not ingame rite?)

Im not sure what to do about the indoor arena maps though (maybe this suggestion shouldnt apply to those indoor-arena/space/etc. maps). I know one thing you can do though... Im pretty sure almost all of the indoor arena maps have windows to look outside, just change that bit there or something similar.

Is it possible? And what you think?

Oh yes, could definitly have applications in Conquest. Like say a map on a small moon that was kind of long and skinny, the sides are at Dawn, and Dusk, and in the middle be Middle of the day..... :weird:

Comment

have two options at the start of the game:

1. "AUTOMATIC WETHER CHANGES (check box)

and

2. "MANUAL WEATHER"
      --slides, dials and otehr controls for the weather.--

no. 1 would have the game automatically change from night and dayn after a specific time period, and have the game kind of "roll a dice" every so often to decide on the percentage chance of the weather shifting to something else.

no. 2 would have the admin set up the chances him/her self adn customise the weather.

another fun thing would have certain types of weather be detrimental to the match like:

an "ion particle storm" option: could come in and render the radar disabled or impared someway and hamper vehicles somehow.

"lightning storms": could throw random bolts of electricity at radom locations that can do a portion of damage. cant harm PCs

"meteor storm": very rare, and pretty obvious. cant harm PCs

"acid rain": harms anyone not in a vehicle or anyone not indoors. (ie, inside a bunker), obviously, it wont do much damage.

get back to you, but discuss

Comment

most of this is possible in ut2k4 anyway :bulb:

any reasons it wont be in the final

Comment

Good ideas, I like the idea of dynamic environments alot.

The random lightning strike has been done on a couple of maps going as far back as UT99, though the name of the map from UT99 I'm thinking of escapes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Killavirus
            most of this is possible in ut2k4 anyway :bulb:

any reasons it wont be in the final
            no.. he means DYNAMIC weather.. like it's sunny, then you see dark clouds rolling in, and then it starts to rain, thunder, lightning, then the clouds roll out and it clears up...

Comment

id say most of this will be possible... but will be applied on a per map basis. id say im all for it if it doesnt get in the way of gameplay... im not for changing the gameplay dynamic by having constant lightning that can zap you all the time (mabye in 1 map or 2), but support for that kind of thing would be cool shooting out the lights and making it so they jiggle around (like on slaughterhouse) but with the new dynamic lighting they actually light places dependant on their angle etc... in those tech demos that ball of light that they take out of the fridge creates some awesome effects

Comment

Originally posted by And I Fall
                no.. he means DYNAMIC weather.. like it's sunny, then you see dark clouds rolling in, and then it starts to rain, thunder, lightning, then the clouds roll out and it clears up...
                Yeah this is possible in ut2k4

-ill look for the link

still cant find the link you may have to wait till i get home

Comment

sure it's possible but wasn't in the original...

Comment

Originally posted by And I Fall
                    ...but wasn't in the original...
                    He never said it was. ;/

Comment

ok ok ok fine i made a mistake kill me :cry:

:alien: :bored:

Comment

:facestab:

heres the link
                        http://www.marzerium.com/MarZer/DWeather/

just for anybody perusing this thread

Comment

Originally posted by CREMBELS
                          have two options at the start of the game:

1. "AUTOMATIC WETHER CHANGES (check box)

and

2. "MANUAL WEATHER"
                          --slides, dials and otehr controls for the weather.--

no. 1 would have the game automatically change from night and dayn after a specific time period, and have the game kind of "roll a dice" every so often to decide on the percentage chance of the weather shifting to something else.

no. 2 would have the admin set up the chances him/her self adn customise the weather.

another fun thing would have certain types of weather be detrimental to the match like:

an "ion particle storm" option: could come in and render the radar disabled or impared someway and hamper vehicles somehow.

"lightning storms": could throw random bolts of electricity at radom locations that can do a portion of damage. cant harm PCs

"meteor storm": very rare, and pretty obvious. cant harm PCs

"acid rain": harms anyone not in a vehicle or anyone not indoors. (ie, inside a bunker), obviously, it wont do much damage.

get back to you, but discuss
                          Yea those two options manual and auto were pretty much what I had on my mind

Comment

IMO the auto option would suck cause for example i only play at night

:devil:

Comment

checkbox/option #3

Extreme weather.
                              containing weather types such as:
                              Earthquake (min/max slider)
                              Tornado (min/max slider)
                              Arora Borealis (min/max slider)
                              Iceage (min/max slider)
                              Cosmic events (min/max slider)
                              Miracle (min/max slider)
                              Apocalypse (min/max slider)

Extreme Time of Day
                              Containing time of day types such as:
                              The Morning After (min/max slider)
                              The Night Before (min/max slider)
                              Witching Hour (min/max slider)

Could make a great mod, if implimented well (IE, apocalypse not being just lava going everywhere, but eaRthquakes creating vast chasms, lava rising from them, Lightning flashes, Meteor showers...the good stuff )

Just a thought...I reckon it would make a great mod. But of course if Epic were to do it, you know they would probably do it better (and it would be out on release!)

Comment

Working...
                              X