ECE bonus disc, nothing on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECE bonus disc, nothing on it?

I bought the ECE dvd set recently. I hadn't gotten the chance to check out the bonus disc (the one with the video tutorials), cause I still needed to get a dvd decoder for my PC.

Well, I tried it out, and.. It does EXACTLY what it does when you pop it into a dvd player. I go to the "video training modules" section, and it still tells me to "Insert the dvd into my pc to start training!".

After that, I browsed the disc by file, and found 3 .vod files only. The first was 8kb, so small that it finishes a split-second after starting it. The second is the video for the main screen, and the third is the video for the trailer.

So, I've deducted that either:
    1. They screwed up my disc
    2. The videos are hidden on the disc, and it won't recognise my dvd drive as being a PC and not a dvd player
    3. Something to do with my dvd decoder (powerdvd)

Any solutions? Maybe I'm doing something newbishly wrong? *hopes*

The special edition is what has the videos, not the ECE. I have the same problem as you

Comment

...Then why is there a virtually empty disc in the ECE case, and why does every site for it - and even the box - advertise it?

Comment

Err... If you bought DVD Editor's Choice Edition it should have the training videos. My brother's copy certainly does, as I got the videos off of it.

Comment

Looks like I'll be placing a call to unreal customer service o_o

EDIT:
          OMG.

Me and my dad were too stupid to open up the "source" folder on the disc. Everything's there.

Boy, I feel smart XD Thanks anyways

Comment

The disc is NOT a regular DVD format. The VTM's are actually .avi files (encoded with DivX). Try browsing it in Explorer or Total Commander or something like that, and see what's on it.

Comment

Yeah, I figured that out. I got a new problemo now though.

I found that UT_start file thing, and I've installed div-x or whatever it is. But when I click the training modules link, it just opens up firefox, and loads nothing on the first tab, and loads "sourceforge.net" on the second tab.

.... :bored:

EDIT: again, found the solution myself. with the div-x thing, i can load the avi stuff up in windows media and i can see the video. everything's fine now

I'm just glad they make it so easy to use :weird:

Comment

Working...
              X