No duplicate names at one time in a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No duplicate names at one time in a server

Anyone agree this is something that should be implemented? Today is the second time some troll has pretended to be me and joined the game to talk **** and cause my team to lose by suiciding, the usual childish stuff... I'm not saying this out of anger, but I do think it would be common sense to prevent such things.

In fact, I think it would be smart if they enabled us to register a name into the stats system and then log into that account in-game, so noone would be able to alias as a registered name.. but unregistered names would still be possible as long as they're not taken. This is for UT2007, naturally.

Yeah good idea. This way u know who ur playing against. I have also played some matches against myself. :weird:
    With this system names like: [BL]Berserker, (BL)Berserker, |BL|Berserker would still be possible, but i think ppl will remember the real Tag.

Comment

Use funny characters in your name, its usally enough it stop idiots

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill
        Use funny characters in your name, its usally enough it stop idiots

Comment

Or tell who is one.

Comment

Well actually, duplicate names are already diallowed. I'm sure when i've tried to use the same name as someone else in a server using setname before it didn't work. I think....

However, i know there is a way around that (and your idea), by using the 'no-name thingy' (dare i say hack) and tagging that somewhere in the name. It then appears as if the exact same name is used.

And as »madMar†y» already said, as well as that way i just attempted to describe, almost-identical names can't be stopped.

Comment

Working...
            X