No announcement yet.

Ut2k7 Changes To Jumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should allow multiple walldodges and **** like that, so u can walldodge ur way through maps

Comment

Yeah man and they also should include a M$ Word processor so we cud do like officework and ****z yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Discord

Seems to me that if you bring the running speed up a little at the same time as toning down the scale of the trick moves, you've just gone a long way toward keeping the useful/ fun part and getting rid of the irritating part. You'll still be able to shake your opponent's aim, you'll be able to do at least more mad- monkey stuff than you could in UT99, but you can also actually get somewhere just by running and have somewhat normal- looking (ie, less- than- cavernous) indoor environments. Smaller environments = more use for projectile weapons and better visibility, at least to some degree...

:up: :up:

Comment

Let's have Lifts, No Jumppads, No Teleporters :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
            It would suck.

The jump distances were so far that I had to add physics volumes to the landing areas to decelerate the player so they wouldn't take damage.
            damnation needs that too. the third or 4th objectuves have 2 jump pads but they more of mortar-launch you then anything...takes u 100 feet foward in half the tiem of funing but you take avout 15 damage.

Comment

Originally posted by peterbi
              :up: :up:
              Yup. The people who are freaking out about this are going to be much relieved, probably, when they see the final effect.

If you look back at UT99, the dodge was more of a combat move than a transportation move. It sounds to me like they're trying to put the special moves back into that position, which is just fine by me. It's true that when playing UT99 one feels particularly grounded in comparison to UT2kX's free flight, but I think a middleground could still feel quite fun.

Originally posted by Mayhem
              the floaty thing about ut2kx is what has made the game as popular as it is today.
              1. No, I'd say ONS is what made UT2k4 as popular as it is today.

2. "As popular as it is today" is, let's be honest, just a hair less popular than UT99 and about 1/2 as popular as Q3A.

The objective with the moves, IMO, is to provide an advantage to those willing to learn them, but not so much of an advantage that the average UT n00b is 100% outclassed and doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
                The objective with the moves, IMO, is to provide an advantage to those willing to learn them, but not so much of an advantage that the average UT n00b is 100% outclassed and doesn't stand a chance.
                A little correction here... n00bs SHOULDN'T stand a chance and never will. They SHOULD be able to get a two digit killcount before the top player in the server hits 50-0 though. (and at the moment hitting 50-0 isn't all that hard if you play defensively and practice a little)

Comment

I'm really not concerned with movement. Aiming and side stepping is all that matters.

After you play UT2004 awhile you begin to hit players easily regardless of whether they are hopping like mad or just running. Its just part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
                    After you play UT2004 awhile you begin to hit players easily regardless of whether they are hopping like mad or just running
                    Seriously doubt this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
                      After you play UT2004 awhile you begin to hit players easily regardless of whether they are hopping like mad or just running. Its just part of the game.
                      idd, but a standing target is harder to hit

Comment

Less movement is going to mean better, more believable environments, and that's going to translate to a better game, easily.

A little correction here... n00bs SHOULDN'T stand a chance and never will. They SHOULD be able to get a two digit killcount before the top player in the server hits 50-0 though. (and at the moment hitting 50-0 isn't all that hard if you play defensively and practice a little)
                        :up:
                        Can't be stated enough.

Honestly, I think the vast, vast majority of gamers think this is the right direction, and we have to speak up about that, lest Epic cave to the special interests of Zark/135 speed players.

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                          As far as I'm concerned, this is a good thing; I like the direction Epic's taking with UT2007's movement, and I like it alot.

If you've ever played the original UT, you should find it rather easy to see where I'm coming from.
                          I'm with you vrxGz I think it's a good thing too. As it is UT2003 and 4 dodging has gotten so far out of hand that it makes the game less fun to play online.

Dodging in itself is not a bad thing, but it needs some fine tuning and I think that is the direction they are going in 07.

I'm looking forward to it. :up:

Comment

People around either dont remember when ut2k3 came out .... or have very short memories....

I find it so amazing and Laughable to watch (as this will just get more intense the closer to release of ut2k7) the same group of people who were telling the UT community to adapt and accept the changes (of ut2k3/2k4) made from the Original UT, complain and whine about "suspected" and "unknown" changes to the next installment....

LOL.

Comment

Trying to jump around in 2k4 like some ppl do hurts my space bar thumb, and my space bar at that.... I also die alot cause I'm the suck at it... I'm gald they're changing it. Double jumping, bunny hopping smacktards annoy me, and I'd really rather have single jumping than the double jumping. I mean who's going to jump around alot anyways... I plan on walking around the whole time, enjoying the view.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsuji_Gettan
                                Trying to jump around in 2k4 like some ppl do hurts my space bar thumb, and my space bar at that.... I also die alot cause I'm the suck at it... I'm gald they're changing it. Double jumping, bunny hopping smacktards annoy me, and I'd really rather have single jumping than the double jumping. I mean who's going to jump around alot anyways... I plan on walking around the whole time, enjoying the view.
                                Nostromo N52 is your friend. :up:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSecti...ection_Id=2071

Comment

Working...
                                X