Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo to gif?

Hi.

How can I make a gif out of a demo? When I convert the demo to avi and try to open it in Adobe ImageReady, I get the message that some part of Quicktime is missing. Tried to convert the avi to mpeg and WinMpeg tells me that it can't do that, because there's no audiostream.
    I've seen some gifs that were created from demo movies, so there must be a way.
    Any ideas?

I use DumpFrames, to capture the Frames, and VirtualDub to Merge the Frames to an AVI, or Jasc Animation Shop to Merge them to a Gif

Comment

Thanks! :up: :up: :up:

Comment

if you can convert the avi to an mov file then you cand just open it with imageready and select the portion you want to make into a gif and then save optimized as

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
          if you can convert the avi to an mov file then you cand just open it with imageready and select the portion you want to make into a gif and then save optimized as
          Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
            that's the most excellent tip i've heard in months.

thanks again.

Comment

Actually just hitting F9 at regular intervals works fine for making animated GIFs as well. It's a good idea to keep the framerate low for those things anyway, especially if you plan to use it was an avatar/signature on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                Actually just hitting F9 at regular intervals works fine for making animated GIFs as well.
                so F9 would indicate the end of the Gif animation?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
                  so F9 would indicate the end of the Gif animation?
                  I meant pressing F9 in-game.
                  F9: Take screenshot.
                  (IIRC anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                    F9: Take screenshot.

Oooohhh, gotcha.
                    that's gotta be hard to get fluid animation out of though, right?

Comment

Try this:

slomo 0.1 // Slow Motion
                      togglescreenshotmode // Removes the HUD
                      shot // Takes a Screenshot ( It's usally bound to f9, so keep pressing it )
                      togglescreenshotmode // Gets the HUD Back
                      slomo 1 // Stops the Slow Motion

Comment

Originally posted by eviL<3
                        I use DumpFrames, to capture the Frames, and VirtualDub to Merge the Frames to an AVI, or Jasc Animation Shop to Merge them to a Gif
                        After getting each frame, you could use UnFREEz to build your gif. It's a cheesy little program, but it's always gotten the job done for me. (as long as DumpFrames will dump each frame as a gif)

EDIT:
                        Oh wait...is 'dumpframes' a command in the Unreal engine? If so, you'd have to convert each screenshot to a gif. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
                          Oooohhh, gotcha.
                          that's gotta be hard to get fluid animation out of though, right?
                          Not really; you don't need many FPS to get a fluid impression. Especially if you do what eviL<3 said and use slow motion it's probably the easiest method.

Comment

Originally posted by Descentia
                            After getting each frame, you could use UnFREEz to build your gif. It's a cheesy little program, but it's always gotten the job done for me. (as long as DumpFrames will dump each frame as a gif)
                            I'll try it, but DumpFrames Dumps Frames as .BMP's, 'cause that's all EPIC could license :sour:

Comment

Cool. Sowwy 'bout dat. :up:

There's always Irfanview and Save-As... :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X