Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STATS (No This is not another when are they back post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATS (No This is not another when are they back post)

I had an Idea about the stats.
    So many players change their names.. so would a system where by the stats show all the players past player names be any good to anyone else?

It's like when you want to change your name when you get bored with it others can see who you were before, aiding buddies track buddies who have lost contact etc.. maybe even more uses.

Just an Idea.

Anyone else?

(:up: /:down: )

I suggested stats tracking based on GUID's a while ago.. nobody cares.

Comment

Ahhh well Cest la vive.. Back to the drawing board.. lol

Comment

I think people want to alias just to avoid the stats. They don't want their bad scores to go up there, and random people saying "haha! you r teh suck!"...But the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

Comment

i still think they should do some sorta thing where its client side stats, and you can upload and compare them IF YOU WANT.

the server load would be much smaller, because most of us dont give a ****. And the stats wouldn't go online unless you hit the "upload and compare" button (or something like that)

that way, everyone is (mostly) happy, and we dont have a bazillion stat threads (not this one, this is different)

Comment

No just let everyone change there names. That's how you meet new ppl every day
            J/k I think they should do the same as with this forum. Here you can't change it either.(atleast not that i know)

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
              No just let everyone change there names. That's how you meet new ppl every day
              J/k I think they should do the same as with this forum. Here you can't change it either.(atleast not that i know)
              Yes you can, my earlier name was Daspadger. You just have to PM an admin and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                Yes you can, my earlier name was Daspadger. You just have to PM an admin and ask.
                Aok Nice to know :up: (im going to change it right now )

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
                  Aok Nice to know :up: (im going to change it right now )
                  And your new name is going to be...?

Comment

Hang on there....

Stats already allow for alias changes
                    They're tracked by a playerid given for each unique stats username/pass and unless you change those two things, stay's the same. No?

Anyway

Knowing players' past aliases on the stats page could be useful, but what i do now... correction; what i used to do , to keep track of people was to just remember the playerid, or bookmark the page of course (The id is in the url BTW, or after the name of a players' stats page).

And if you really want to stalk your buddies (or other people... ) you could always whois them for past names on antitcc servers and use the stats thing to find out new aliases.

"How do i know all that^^^?"

Erm....

Comment

Originally posted by -=[kRy0]=-
                      Ahhh well Cest la vive.. Back to the drawing board.. lol
                      I believe that's "C'est la vie."

Comment

Invalid is teh roxxors

Comment

They claim to have been 'working on it' since May 3rd.
                          How long can it take!
                          G-zuz!

Comment

Originally posted by usahoppy
                            Invalid is teh roxxors
                            :down:

Comment

Originally posted by DJMattB2421

i still think they should do some sorta thing where its client side stats, and you can upload and compare them IF YOU WANT.

the server load would be much smaller, because most of us dont give a ****. And the stats wouldn't go online unless you hit the "upload and compare" button (or something like that)

that way, everyone is (mostly) happy, and we dont have a bazillion stat threads (not this one, this is different)

:up: :up: :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X