DOM-Conduit in single player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM-Conduit in single player

Does anybody remember (of those who actually remember the game has a bit of a single-player ) DOM-Conduit being particularly hard. :bulb:

I had heard from a friend that when he played through it he got stuck pretty hard on Conduit, so I practiced the thing a bit in I.A. before trying it in the ladder. I was doing okay in IA...but I still lost in the ladder. Now granted, I've only tried the ladder match once so far , but it still comes across as pretty hard. :sour:

Was this the same for you guys?

(And any others besides Xan's that stuck out has a roadblock?)

When I first bought the game I had trouble with DM-Corrugation :bulb:

Comment

Man, I remember that map. I never was able to score a point. It was 0 - 0 when the time was over. :bulb:

Comment

It was hard. But then I found out that the lower dom point is easier to defend with flak secondary than the upper with shock. :bulb:

Comment

Just send all of your bots to keep teh lower one and defend the upper yourself with a shock.

But yeah, the map is terribly long and very repetitive.

Comment

oh that brings back nightmares, bascially i just stayed at the bottom the whole time and the rest of my team took the top while i single handedly defended the bottom...i think i scored only 1 point and just waited till the time went out...my hands were so cramped after that :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
              Just send all of your bots to keep teh lower one and defend the upper yourself with a shock.

But yeah, the map is terribly long and very repetitive.
              That reminds me of playing Facing Worlds, when I'd send all the bots to attack and then defend them from my tower by sniping

Comment

Conduit? Is that the one with the huge tall stack, and the bottom basement of the stack has point A, while the top of the stack has point B, and there are big elevators all around the stack? If so, I hated that map with a passion.

Comment

Yeah, Conduit's not exactly a popular map for most people. Mainly it lacks a bit of space, there's no LG, and both points are vulnerable from all sides, so you've got to improvise with the mid-range weapons a bit and keep all angles covered at all times. Also, the respawn --> DOM point time is about 8 seconds for either point, so it's really difficult to keep the enemy at bay for long and score.

It's a good map to use some serious linking - my tactic is usually to drag a bot up to the top point (B) and tell it to defend, get your shock rifle ready, then keep circling the outer perimeter of the disc platform and nail anything that tries to get onto a bounce pad. If they get into the air, set up a combo, if it looks like they'll land, grab the bio and set a trap near to the DOM point while your bot team mate gets stuck in. Or just ignores them, depending on what mood they're in, of course.

If it's getting a bit hairy, turn to your 'cover bot', shoot it with the link gun (whereupon they normally take the hint and change weapon), use it as a blocker and let it take out any intruders for you with that unerring link aim.

Keep fuelling up with health as and when you need, and keep an eye out for the small shield when it respawns. In particular, don't let the other team get any shield - they'll cause no end of hassle if they do.

If you die, send all your bots to one point (V, 3, 3, 1?) so you stand a chance of at least making a save, then get back on the offensive when you're sorted with some more shield and lots of weapons.

It's an OK map to go it alone on if there's an endless deadlock, but you need to be able to take out three bots (rocket launcher or flak are good for getting a multi kill at Alpha, as you'll know) and not die, so getting an early score is an obvious bonus.

To be honest, I play so much DDOM the single player ladder doesn't pose too much of a problem for that game mode. It's just all the other ones I can never beat - especially Assault... :sulk: ... man I am terrible at that game mode.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
                    I did the same, only with the Flak.

Comment

Ya, I have found it slightly easier to work on the lower level than the upper.

I'll give it another go tonight. (And if I get too terribly sick of it, I'll just spend the two-hundred-somethan credits and switch to DOM-Core. I think I do better at that map. :bored:)

Comment

Yet another example of the blue bots being cheesed up... Someone at Epic apparently thought the game would not make sense if teams were equal. :bulb:

Comment

Yeah THAT map was annoying I scored 1out of 3 games I played! But I find Robot Factory(2nd AS map) to be much harder:alien:

Comment

Originally posted by wolfwood136
                            But I find Robot Factory(2nd AS map) to be much harder:alien:
                            That has to be one of my top 5 maps :heart:

Comment

Is that conduit the **** one with like a piller with lifts and jump pads and lots of green?

Yeah i had trouble on sp with that

did it though

Comment

Working...
                              X