Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Trickjumping Ladder - Deck17 [Update: 13-6-2005] [First Place: LMS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Trickjumping Ladder - Deck17 [Update: 13-6-2005] [First Place: LMS]

Welcome to the Ultimate Trickjumping Ladder! Here you will find instructions on how to enter and of course the rules!

Rules:
    The map is DM-Deck17 (Stock of course). You must grab all 5 major items: The 100Armor, 50Armor(2), Redeemer, Double Damage. Start at this point:

Once you pick up the Rocket Launcher the timer will start. Once you pickup the last item the timer will be stopped.
    Of course, you are not allowed to use any cheats or mutators. The mutator list must be completely free of mutators. If i see you using any cheat-code then the run is disqualified.

Notes:
    Even if you don't have any mutators running, i might still need files to play the demo. Open your UT2004.ini and search for ServerPackages=. The last one of these should have the value xVoting. If there is any other ServerPackage below that then delete those lines.
    To start recording a demo, type "demorec <name>" in the console. Where <name> is the name of the demo. Example: ZoeffsPoorAttemptOnTryingThisTrickRun.
    I recommend you increase the tickrate from 30 to 60. To do this open your UT2004.ini that is located in your UT2004\System folder and search for this line:
    [Engine.DemoRecDriver]
    Then change the value of both NetServerMaxTickRate= and LanServerMaxTickRate= from 30 to 60.
    The Demo MUST be Server-Side. The easiest way to do this is to complete the trickrun in Instant Action.
    Using the TL option in Instant Action is of course also not allowed.
    Do realize that you can't pickup the second 50 Armor after picking up the first one. Damage yourself to pick it up. If you don't pick it up but just walk trough it then the run is disqualified.
    *cough*motivationtouseweapons*cough*

Submissions:
    If you have the .demo4 file then PM a link to the file to me.
    Also note that NO demo must be released to the public. So please use your own webspace.
    If you don't have any then PM me your MSN or AIM and send it to me directly.

I hope this will be a great ladder with tons of people trying to get just those extra milliseconds.

I will check this thread everyday and maybe update it with more information or correct an error. (If you see any errors or some major flaw in the contest to make it very easy then PM me)

- Zoeff

Update 12-6-2005
    Change of rules, the timer will start once you pick up the Rocket Launcher.

Update 12-6-2005
    You of course can't use the TL...

-----------------------

The Ladder:

1. LagMasterSam 18 Seconds
    2. Spoonman: 19.5 Seconds

Note: If needed then the times will be made more accurate.

You should say the timer will start when you take the rocket launcher. That makes it easier to see what your time is.

Comment

Was there ever a video made of the last trick jumping contest that Cythes posted here?

Comment

Zoeff the Attention ***** strikes again :P

Im not even gonna bother. I've lost most thing Cythes taught me :cry:

Comment

Anyone who trickjumps is completely sick to death of jumping in and seeing jumps done in deck. Pick a different challenge in a different level and maybe I'll be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY
            Anyone who trickjumps is completely sick to death of jumping in and seeing jumps done in deck. Pick a different challenge in a different level and maybe I'll be interested.
            meh.... ok boog

IM me on AIM btw
            Originally posted by BeerNut
            Was there ever a video made of the last trick jumping contest that Cythes posted here?
            yes... check the thread lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
              yes... check the thread lol....
              Coo.. thanks..:up:

Comment

Is using the teleporter allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by LagMasterSam
                  Is using the teleporter allowed?
                  I didnt say anything about that

Comment

aint DM-Deck17-FPS allowed ? (and if not, why ?)

Comment

Updated the rules.
                      Originally posted by tewicc
                      aint DM-Deck17-FPS allowed ? (and if not, why ?)
                      No, it must be the stock map.

EDIT:
                      Addded 2 more times!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
                        Updated the rules.

No, it must be the stock map.

EDIT:
                        Addded 2 more times!
                        So you're going to exclude a map that has framerate fixes only? I know plenty of people with Geforce4 era cards who get crappy frames on Deck-17 stock. Seems like you're unintentionally limited your potential userbase.

Comment

Originally posted by alBchu
                          So you're going to exclude a map that has framerate fixes only? I know plenty of people with Geforce4 era cards who get crappy frames on Deck-17 stock. Seems like you're unintentionally limited your potential userbase.
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by alBchu
                            I can play Deck17 fine-ish on a Geforce 2 MX. Come on, it's only trickjumping. It's not like you need to aim or anything. ;x

PS - that LagMasterSam! Always laming me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
                              PS - that LagMasterSam! Always laming me.
                              rofl...:haha:

Both we're quite good anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X