Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you guys name some of the best players in ONS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, the ons comunity pretty much sucks, theres not a single ons player with even half decent dm skills. ive played people from so called "good ons teams" and its pathetic how bad they suck. even in ons, their home turf, they arent impressive. all it takes to beat them is 5 people good with shock to practice playing as a team for 1 week and you will trample any ons team.

ive played with kona people, t5k, uma, and some other clans who sucked too much to remember, they cant frag for ****, which is the basis of the game in any game type. you should go to onscentral.com, the level of stupidity by 95% of the people their is beyond amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by hovz
      ok, the ons comunity pretty much sucks, theres not a single ons player with even half decent dm skills. ive played people from so called "good ons teams" and its pathetic how bad they suck. even in ons, their home turf, they arent impressive. all it takes to beat them is 5 people good with shock to practice playing as a team for 1 week and you will trample any ons team.

ive played with kona people, t5k, uma, and some other clans who sucked too much to remember, they cant frag for ****, which is the basis of the game in any game type. you should go to onscentral.com, the level of stupidity by 95% of the people their is beyond amazing.
      that has to be the dumbest most generalized statement I've ever heard about ONS players yet. a bunch of shock whores practicing together for a week, ooh. please come pwn me. I DO agree a large percentage of ONS players have weak DM skills, but that's about all I agree with you about.

Comment

Judging your warning level ppl should ignore you. Thereby I dont understand why ppl are looking down on ons.
        It's just fun to play and there are lots of good ons players with good dm skills. I guess players who dont understand how to play onslought are the guys who'r looking down on onslought.

Comment

I don't think people look down upon ONS, I just think alot of people who were UT veterans tried it and didn't care for it. I'm glad alot of people like it though, the more the merrier. :up:

And as far as there not being any good fraggers in ONS, back when I ran an 18 man ONS server I saw tons of extremely talented hand to hand fraggers. But that was when the game was new, so alot of DM'ers were probably giving it a go. No idea what the scene is like these days since the only vehicles you will find me in are those in vCTF. :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
            Thereby I dont understand why ppl are looking down on ons

I think its because these people dont like it when their "6-7 months" of "training" means nothing when a tank pulls up infront of them. A common theme in these discussions is that the DM purests like to be "in control", for example anything involving "luck" is particularly frowned upon, and the Goliath is clearly thought of as the Devil's chariot .

Im not saying this is a bad thing, its just that different personality types are probably looking for different things in their game. Some people need UT to prove something, others just like to lark about and take it on the chin.

The beauty of ONS is that a good DMer can still excel, they just need to build up several hours experience in dealing with vehicles, eg learn how to use the terrain to avoid goliath shells, learn the new audio cues to avoid getting run over from behind, and the rest, etc.

Each to their own imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
              I think its because these people dont like it when their "6-7 months" of "training" means nothing when a tank pulls up infront of them. A common theme in these discussions is that the DM purests like to be "in control", for example anything involving "luck" is particularly frowned upon, and the Goliath is clearly thought of as the Devil's chariot .

Im not saying this is a bad thing, its just that different personality types are probably looking for different things in their game. Some people need UT to prove something, others just like to lark about and take it on the chin.

The beauty of ONS is that a good DMer can still excel, they just need to build up several hours experience in dealing with vehicles, eg learn how to use the terrain to avoid goliath shells, learn the new audio cues to avoid getting run over from behind, and the rest, etc.

Each to their own imo.
              great post :up: (totally agree) Yes it is verry annoying when a tank blasts u to peaces, I also want to control the map a litle but its inevitable not to get shot by a tank. There are lots of tactics u can use to damage the tank and to avoid the missles but u will always have situations u get shot by a tank and ppl just have to live with that.

Comment

i love HOVZ posting here when he comes over to ONScentral.com claim to be a bad a$$ and all we did was ridicule him... being cocky isnt amusing when you have such a tight knit community. ive seen you play HOVZ and you are nothing. Go play AngrySaki or b4ka of uMA or even Murdoc or Dataleap of KoNA and get your behind handed to you.

Comment

Ban teh noob!!!!11

He failed a certain tryout, I won't mention. Maybe he's a little ******

Comment

Originally posted by {BL}Berserker
                    that has to be the dumbest most generalized statement I've ever heard about ONS players yet. a bunch of shock whores practicing together for a week, ooh. please come pwn me. I DO agree a large percentage of ONS players have weak DM skills, but that's about all I agree with you about.
                    Yep, DM and ONS is totally different game.

Comment

Oh how we've missed you, hovz. Your brief troll-hood at ONSCentral was diverting, if not quite enjoyable. I'm so pleased you decided to constructively contribute to this discussion. :noob:

Do you still believe that team games don't require voice communications?

Comment

Originally posted by suibhne
                        Do you still believe that team games don't require voice communications?
                        Depends on the game. mi5 were top of the UTA UT99 AS league for 4 years without using any voice comms, I am informed. :>

Comment

but hovz has such 1337 typing skills he doesnt need to use voice, also the bender is so **** big why would you need to tell your team where it is camped :haha: :haha:

Comment

I remember some DMers forming an ONS clan and loooosing sooo badly.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                              I remember some DMers forming an ONS clan and loooosing sooo badly.
                              Reminds me of a post back from the Demo Days: "From what I gather, Onslaught is basically TDM with vehicles, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
                                Depends on the game. mi5 were top of the UTA UT99 AS league for 4 years without using any voice comms, I am informed. :>
                                Yea, but there's more parity in the field these days. Assault is also quite a bit less dynamic than CTF or ONS.

Comment

Working...
                                X