Demos will not play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demos will not play

Ok, so I took a break from UT, uninstalled a few months ago.

Just reinstalled today and DL'd the most recent patch. I had my old system folder saved, so I have all the UTComp versions and whatnot like that for all the demos. Only had to get a file or two for some recent ESWC demos I downloaded.

However, for whatever reason, they don't work. One of two things happens -- it gets stuck on loading and I have to alt tab/end process to get out of it -- or it actually "loads" and goes right back to the demo selection page instead of the demo. Tried 'demoplay <demoname>' too, same results.

I actually remember having this problem in the past, but it was when the demo was from a newer version, and I had not got the new patch.. I dont know how this could be the case since I just DL'd 3355 yesterday. Also, self recorded demos, be it on or offline, DO work properly. Just all the recent ESWC and E3 demos don't work for me, none of them..

Any help? thanks.

I believe server side demos made on a server running patch 3355 will not work on a client running patch 3339. Same with server side demos made on a 3339 server and a 3355 client.

Comment

Did you make a new 'Demo' folder in your UT2004 folder?

Comment

Well, none of them are server side demos, and I did have the carball stuff... still locks my computer up every time.

Maybe its patch 3339? Going to reinstall and try again..

Comment

zerox, try installing earlier patches over your current version

ESWC was almost a year ago, they were probably using version 3323

edit: talked to a player, try 3236

Comment

I should've been more clear, I'm talking about the various ESWC qualifiers that have gone on more recently.. will try going to an earlier patch though.

Comment

zerox3, where did you download those ESWC demos?

Comment

Originally posted by zerox3
                I should've been more clear, I'm talking about the various ESWC qualifiers that have gone on more recently.. will try going to an earlier patch though.
                Ah, sorry

Comment

Working...
                X