Need some Video card help for UT 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some Video card help for UT 04

Well I finally decided to get a video card to play PC games since I will be selling my xbox for credit for xbox 2, I have a 1 year old e machine that I got for free with these specs

CPU: Intel® Celeron® Processor 1.20 GHz (w/256KB L2 cache)
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition 1
    Chipset: Intel 810e Chipset
    Memory: 128 MB SDRAM
    Hard Drive: 20 GB HDD 2
    Optical Drives: 48x Max. CD-ROM Drive
    3.5" 1.44MB FDD
    Video: Intel Direct AGP 3D (810e shared)

I will be getting a PNY Verto GeForce FX 5500 128MB DDR AGP Graphics Card I will be upgrading my ram to 528 ram for about 50 bucks.

Anyway I could careless for max graphics I just want to know if I would be able to play Half Life2 , Ut 04 and Far cry with good FPS.

Hardly. Even if the FX5500 could handle it, the 1.2 GHz Celeron will really be a massive bottleneck.

Comment

yea :/ the fx5500 would be fine for ut2004 if you had a better processor...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, So I shoudn't even waste my money buying that card of this computer huh ? Can you guys give me an estimate on my FPS would be if I did play UT 04 with that comp and card.

Comment

20~30 in an empty DM level, 5 in a loaded ONS game. Honestly, that CPU would be better off keeping your coffee warm.

Comment

Originally posted by x DeS x T7
            Thanks for the help guys, So I shoudn't even waste my money buying that card of this computer huh ? Can you guys give me an estimate on my FPS would be if I did play UT 04 with that comp and card.
            You could always download the demo and give it a whirl?

Comment

ok if you set everything to low(est) and on a 800*600 with that card and updated ram you can play DM maps with 60-70 fps.I know cause then i'll have something simular to my rig . dont go ONS though you wont go over 30 FPS there, but you shouldnt bother anyways

far cry is a no no and half life 2 can be played easily.

Comment

Working...
              X