mini primary or secondary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini primary or secondary?

Personally, I only ever use primary fire on the mini. I don't really understand why you would use one or the other. I know that:

Primary: shoots faster, less damage per bullet, and less accurate
    Secondary: shoots slower, more punch per bullet, and more accurate

Any insight? Are there times where one is more appropriate than the other? At the surface it looks like a wash...

I dont think ur an onslaughter. With onslought I use the secondary fire 4 long distances, otherwise u wouldnt hit a thing with the mini. With dm most of the time i use primairy fire.

Comment

if I'm at a long distance I might use secondary

Comment

Well to start on the accuracy, primary = short-mid range, secondary = mid-long range. In theory at least, and because generally speaking there's better weapons to choose than mini for long range (unless there's really no choice) so overall, secondary would tend to be used less frequently.

Sometimes people are willing to take the lower fire rate in order to finish someone off more accurately.

As a broad statement, the closer your enemy, the more you should use primary rather than secondary.

Comment

Yea, there are some specialized uses for alt mini in ONS, but generally speaking, the only time you should ever use secondary is if you're far away from your opponent and don't have either LG or Shock. Otherwise, once your opponent is far enough away that you'd think of using alt mini, use shock primary or LG instead.

Comment

The secondary fire is good if you're low on ammo. (3 times less ammo/second and only 33% less damage/second, not to mention because of it's increased accuracy you're likely to do more than 66% of what you would otherwise do with the primary)
            That said, the secondary does lack the stopping power of the primary at point blank range.

Comment

Get amp on goliath and use 2ndary mini across the map. DEVASTATION.

Comment

Mini alt is good against vehicles in mid-ranges when you don't have another weapon!

Comment

I use secondary fire quite a bit.. basically at any decent distance as a finisher.. or when I need to conserve ammo on the minigun. Mostly the ammo part...

You can fire with mini alt for a *LONG* time compared to primary.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus
                    I use secondary fire quite a bit.. basically at any decent distance as a finisher.. or when I need to conserve ammo on the minigun. Mostly the ammo part...

You can fire with mini alt for a *LONG* time compared to primary.
                    well, then why not use secondary almost exclusively? Sounds like a slam dunk... Less ammo, long range, and still about the same dam/sec.

Comment

I was under the impression that the secondary did more damage at the cost of a high firing-rate? I thought that's why with the secondary you can see the bullets explode on impact.

Comment

I've taken down countless raptors/cicadas from fairly far away distances using the secondary. It has its uses, though limited.

Comment

Secondary as a last resort when I don't have lg or shock.
                          Primary for close range lama-style spamming, especially with amp.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ggSuckingLeech
                            well, then why not use secondary almost exclusively? Sounds like a slam dunk... Less ammo, long range, and still about the same dam/sec.
                            Because, up close, people are strafing and dodging, and with the lower accuracy rate on the mini, on top of higher rate of fire, you're bound to hit your opponent more frequently.

Like almost everyone else here is saying, secondary fire is more for longer ranged uses (like a fleeing opponent after connecting with primary).

In the end I think it's more about what you need it to do at the moment...(I think...)

Comment

Originally posted by =XM=
                              Secondary as a last resort when I don't have lg or shock.
                              Primary for close range lama-style spamming, especially with amp.
                              Ye mean like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X