Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Joysticks/Gamepads/Controller Configurations Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another question along this line, when I try to turn right or left with the joystick, it spins really really fast either direction, what can i do tp slow it down to normal turn speed?
    Thanks !!

Comment

I believe the speed is adjusted by lowering the speed base Number

JoyX= Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=32668.0 DeadZone=0.4
      JoyY= Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=32668.0 DeadZone=0.4 INVERT=-1

In this example lower the 32668.0 to much lower like 100.0 and see what that does.
      One should adjust up and down speed the other left to right speed.

Comment

thats what i thought, but neither will actually change the left/right spin !

Comment

Well im frustrated see above post. Duff I tried what you said and nothing. I started messing around by myself and I even deleted all the joystick settings in user.ini and just left joystick true in the ut2003.ini. Just with Joystick true and no settings it looks down also. Any last advice beofre I give up my favortie gamepad to get another one that I will like less.

Comment

If your gamepad has some sliders/rudders you might try moving them and see if it moves your look.

Comment

no sliders or rudders either bro.

Comment

utomic punk

clicked on the thread but i couldnt find anything about d-pads or p hats, i can get the bottons to work but that makes it to slow......any ideas...thanks:cry:

Comment

k, i have a microsoft sidewinder dual strike joystick, what i would like to have is the x and y axis to act like the mouse (look up down left and right) and the directional pad to act like the arrow keys on the keyboard, i have all the other buttons set up the way i want them, can someonw pls help, thx

Comment

My sister is using a Logitech Wingman RumblePad.
                    I have the same and it works perfectly fur Unreal tournament.
                    I tried to make it work for Unreal Tournament 2003 at my sister's place but it wont work..

I didnt try editing the files because i dont want to screw up her game or computer.

I want the gamepad to do the following:

- Left stick Y axis should move forward and backward.
                    - Left stick X axis should strafe left and right.
                    - Right X and Y axis wont be used as i use the mouse to Look.

My set up in UT is that the right stick do nothing although they
                    look around like the mouse but in the game it wont stop turning.

I was able to fix that in my game pad settings but my sister has
                    a newer version of that setting program and it doesnt work so i
                    had to modifie a file to reduce the deadzone of the right stick.

I would like to do the same in UT2k3 with the right stick but i dont know how to first make the pad works and second stop the turning from the right stick..

thanks in advance...

Comment

i used a joypad (microsoft sidewinder usb pad)for moving around in previous UT, yet for some reason when i enable it in ut2003, and then try and allocate buttons it doesnt recongnize it, im using winxp as my op sys have installed latest directX drivers and still nadda, any suggestions????????

Comment

Thrustmater pro shock

I use my stick for movement only. I used to use and analog game pad to play ut but had no luck with 2003 so I bought this new stick. My problem is that I must move my stick all the way forward ,back ,left ,right to get the desired movement. I want to move it slightly in any desired direction to get the results I want to play. I have tried changing my ini files but it made no difference. I want to play online but I dont want to play like a grandpa with a fully loaded Depends! Please give me some help so I can frag some online ass.

Comment

what if I'm using the Gravis Eliminator Aftershock:

and I want the left D-Pad to move and the right to control my view...do I have to mess with the JoyU,V,etc.. settings?!
                          thanks

Comment

YAY ..Patched fixed it yeehaaa

Comment

what patch?????????

Comment

good question im looking for a patch to get my gamepad to work..so if anyone knows of one let me know please

Comment

Working...
                                X