Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the sound effect so low in ut2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    5 or so years ago when I bought a computer that had Vista installed, I also had this problem, not with UT2004, but with Winamp. Same solution though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I may be late for this, but, I solved this by turning off the "System Driver" option in the "Audio" menu.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had this same problem recently, everytime I loaded the game I had to go to the sound mixer and manually set the volume up, it always reset itself to level much lower than system sounds. The solution in my case was to go to sound options in control panel, and tell Windows to do nothing when it detects communications activity. For some strange reason Windows 8 thinks the game is a telephone, and mutes the audio accordingly. Hopefully this is helpful, since no amount of web searching suggested this as a solution, I discovered it by accident when adjusting settings for some other software.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could be. Sounds familiar.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the Windows Sound Mixer, found by clicking on the speaker tray icon?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had this problem too. Or at least my sound volume was pretty low in UT2004 - overall, not just the weapons. I solved it by making the program sound for this game louder, but I don't remember how exactly it has to be done, can't find the solution anywhere either. I just remember I had to do it outside UT2004. Look around more on the web maybe you can find it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congratulations for bumping a 10 years old thread instead of properly searching for a newer one that actually contains potential solutions. Also not giving details about your specific version of the problem won't get you any further.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone ever figured this problem out? Nothing works. The weapon sounds are too low.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using Soundstorm audio and these are the best settings for me. Edit the UT2004.ini and look for/change these settings:

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
    UseEAX=False (For EAX3 "Audigy" sound cards only)
    Use3DSound=True (Use H/W, required for Surround)
    UseDefaultDriver=True
    CompatibilityMode=False
    MaxEAXVersion=255
    UsePrecache=True
    ReverseStereo=False
    Channels=32 (You can use 64 with 4.24 drivers but I didn't hear any difference so left at 32)
    MusicVolume=0.080000 (I like very subtle music so I put it low)
    AmbientVolume=2.500000 (Upped this)
    SoundVolume=3.000000 (Upped this)
    VoiceVolume=4.000000 (In game slider is maxed so I think this is max setting)
    VolumeScaleRec=0.100000
    DopplerFactor=1.000000
    Rolloff=0.250000 (How far away sounds are audible, increased distance)
    TimeBetweenHWUpdates=40.000000 (Upped this, small FPS boost, less stress on Sound system with no ill effects)
    DisablePitch=False
    LowQualitySound=False
    UseVoIP=True
    UseVAD=False
    UseSpatializedVoice=False
    SpatializedVoiceRadius=100000.000000
    EnhancedDenoiser=False
    LocalZOffset=0.000000

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Subaru
    is anyone elses Music loud?
    Evidently you've been paying attention to this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is anyone elses Music loud?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eldiablo2003
    Nah, still f*cked, the ambient volume dont adjust weapon sounds...
    The f*ckin game is pants!
    Epic, SORT IT, lively... :down:
    Yep, your right. I was a little inebbriated last night so I must've not noticed. Ambient only affects the SE, not the weapon sounds. Anyone got a fix for those?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nah, still f*cked, the ambient volume dont adjust weapon sounds...
    The f*ckin game is pants!
    Epic, SORT IT, lively... :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The sound levels have been bothering me also, thanks for the info guys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X