Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Why are the sound effect so low in ut2004?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations for bumping a 10 years old thread instead of properly searching for a newer one that actually contains potential solutions. Also not giving details about your specific version of the problem won't get you any further.

Comment

I had this problem too. Or at least my sound volume was pretty low in UT2004 - overall, not just the weapons. I solved it by making the program sound for this game louder, but I don't remember how exactly it has to be done, can't find the solution anywhere either. I just remember I had to do it outside UT2004. Look around more on the web maybe you can find it.

Comment

In the Windows Sound Mixer, found by clicking on the speaker tray icon?

Comment

Could be. Sounds familiar.

Comment

I had this same problem recently, everytime I loaded the game I had to go to the sound mixer and manually set the volume up, it always reset itself to level much lower than system sounds. The solution in my case was to go to sound options in control panel, and tell Windows to do nothing when it detects communications activity. For some strange reason Windows 8 thinks the game is a telephone, and mutes the audio accordingly. Hopefully this is helpful, since no amount of web searching suggested this as a solution, I discovered it by accident when adjusting settings for some other software.

Comment

I may be late for this, but, I solved this by turning off the "System Driver" option in the "Audio" menu.

Comment

5 or so years ago when I bought a computer that had Vista installed, I also had this problem, not with UT2004, but with Winamp. Same solution though.

Comment

Working...
                X