Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Check your CPU+MB+RAM!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh it should be common knowledge that most computer hardware will require a minimum 500 watts..... and yes... OEM power supply's suck.

Comment

Is there any program as such for Win Vista yet that you know of ? If so you can you guys please direct me ? Thanks !

Hyjynx

Comment

Originally posted by legacy-haydes View Post
        My CPU+MB+RAM has all tested OK but UT2004 still crashes randomly. It could be that Atari needs to release a patch to correct this issue.

haydes

AMD Athlon 1600
        Soyo Dragon Lite MB
        1 gig pc 333 DDR Memory
        GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128 MB DDR
        80 GB Western Digital ATA 133
        Gentoo Linux running Kernel 2.6.4

lol that was the leetest grfx card, i still have it in my closet. ahh the mighty Ti4200!!! (prolly gonna install in my gf's rig lol)

Comment

Ok what the hell.

I had this game since it came out, and it ran on the same system all this time up until today. The game itself starts, then i go and click JOIN GAME, and when i click on INTERNET..... it goes to the server browser, but before any servers appear, the game crashes on me and then i get this error:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2796 MHz with 2047MB RAM
          Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (Omega 3.8.330) (6660)

General protection fault!

History: MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Comment

Yea same problem here (See my thread "Ah ****..."), only mine got worse, but started the exact same way. I've had UT2004 for 2 years now with no problems and all of a sudden today, I got the same error (same proc and OS, but only 1GB of RAM and a GeForce 7600GT).

Comment

I know it looks fantastic on Vista

Comment

The conclusion was while there is no broken parts in the system, yet it is not suitable for high load in extended periods of time and to solve it.

Comment

Working...
                X