Securom Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securom Update

I received an email from Securom this morning with a link to a new version of the UT2004.exe. The initial authentication still timed-out, but afterwards clicking on the UT2004 desktop icon brought up the initial menu, and clicking on Play started the game up successfully. With the old version I always got the "Use the original disc and not a copy" message.

Looks like they may have corrected the incompatibility with my HP DVD Writer 300c. Hopefully Securom's changes will be in an official patch soon.
    dirt

-------------------------------
    Dear ----,

I have to apologize for the late response. Please download a new <ut2004.exe> from the
    link below. I would highly appreciate if you could rename your current one to <ut2004.old>,
    extract the downloaded file into the game folder and start your game.

The link for the new file is:

Could you please tell us your results?

Thank you again for your cooperation and your patience.

best regards,

SecuROM Technical Support Team
    -----------------------------------------------------
    mailto:support@securom.com
    Web: http://www.securom.com
    -----------------------------------------------------

How is this better than using the no-CD patch?

Comment

I agree... I'm hooked...

on the no-CD patch. But at least it's an indication that someone it trying to correct this most aggravating issue.
      dirt

Comment

Re: I agree... I'm hooked...

Originally posted by dirt101
        on the no-CD patch. But at least it's an indication that someone it trying to correct this most aggravating issue.
        dirt
        They have sadly been trying since the first version of SecureRom. Unfortunately things just havent got any better

Comment

Working...
        X