Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to command individual bots in ut2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to command individual bots in ut2004?

I've played ut2003 before and compared the order speeches to ut2004. Is there a way to command individual bots in ut2004 like in ut2003 where the speech command brings up a list of orders and the bot/player you want to assign the order to? Please someone help me. If there's no way to do this normally in-game, can someone create or help me create a mutator on how to do this?

The team voice commands allow you to choose all or an individual bots to command.Default "V".Or are you looking for something like this http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4238

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Flay View Post
      The team voice commands allow you to choose all or an individual bots to command.Default "V".Or are you looking for something like this http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=4238
      I don't want the bot manager. It doesn't allow me to command specific bots with orders such as "attack" or "defend." And I don't have a microphone to do the team voice commands. Could I use the console to individually command the bots instead of using a microphone?

Comment

i always tell the bots what to do by pressing V you can tell them to attack follow you stay that kinda stuff try it

Comment

Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
          i always tell the bots what to do by pressing V you can tell them to attack follow you stay that kinda stuff try it
          That's my exact problem with the ut2004 commanding bot system. It commands all the bots with one push of a button.

In ut2003, it was different. When you want to command bots, you push a button and it brings up a small menu on the left side. It shows which command you want to execute and which bot you want to carry out the order. This feature was later removed in ut2004.

What I want is for the ut2003 commanding style menu to be brought into ut2004.

Comment

Can someone please help me? No one's replied to me in over a week.

Comment

Hi Deadpool69, Just like Dr. Flay and unrealloco mention above, when the 'V' key is hit (by default its what the 'SpeechMenuToggle' should be assigned by default), I usually hit the '3' key (for the 'Orders' option) then the number key for the desired order option, and then either the '1' key (for all bots on my team), or the number key corresponding to the bot I want to give the order too. Are you saying that this functionality does not work for you, or that it does but you want a simpler order option?

Comment

@meowcat

Can you please check your inbox. Thanks.

Sorry for going off topic.

Comment

he wants to the ut2003 style one

Comment

As meowcat said, You CAN assign individual bots orders in UT2004. You should see something like "1. All 2. Jakob (Alpha) 3. Sapphire (Beta) etc." when assigning a command. In this example, pressing "2" would assign Jakob to the order. There's even an option to change the menu to use letters instead of numbers for commands, so it would look like "A. All S. Jakob (Alpha) D. Sapphire (Beta) etc."

To do this, open your UT2004.ini and search for bSpeechMenuUseLetters. Change it to True.

Comment

Okay everyone thanks for helping me. I managed to get the issue fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X