Refresh Rate Help - Stuck at 60 Hz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh Rate Help - Stuck at 60 Hz

I would like to set my refresh rate while playing to 85 Hz. I have gone through the ut2004.ini and changed every desiredrefreshrate=60 to desiredrefreshrate=85. When I enable vsync, I am stuck at 60fps on the loading screen and in game (specs: p4c 3.0ghz, 1 gig ram, 9800 Pro). I have tried setting the OverrideDesktopRefreshRate= to both true and false (desktop is set at 85 Hz). Nothing works, it's always stuck at a constant 60 fps, which means 60 Hz with vsync. How can I change the game's refresh rate to 85 Hz? Thanks for the help.

This is a windows XP problem. If you go into your control panel -> display properties -> advanced -> displays -> monitor - then select the hz you want in the refresh rate overide, that should fix it. You may need to de-select "use DCC information" if it doesn't stick between boots.

Comment

Also uncheck "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" in the monitor tab.

Comment

The monitor is displaying 85 hz in the desktop, just not in the game. There is not a refresh rate override setting like there was when I had an nvidia card.

Comment

anybody??

Comment

Working...
          X