Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get a invalid CD Key message do I really need to re-install?¿

Comment

Insane, I need some help with the BAT file you wrote. The problem is that my Unreal Tournament exe is located in C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

When I run the BAT, it can't read past "Program" because of the space that follows. How do I get it to recognize the space as part of the file path?

Thanx

Comment

I opologize if this is a repeat. I really would like to know if everyone or the unlucky few is getting really slow load times when joining servers or changing maps. And sometimes the the loading screen stays on but never connects. Also I just purchased a new video card and it runs awesome but when you dog fight or are in close combat its lags like crazy. I would appreciate any help. Best regards

P4 2.6 fsb800
        ASUS P4P800
        1gig Kingston 400mhz
        Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
        SB Audigy2

Comment

Re: Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by TheDylMan
          i tried what you wrote above but it keeps on saying that

"C:\UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
          'taskkill' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
          operable program or batch file."

any ideas?
          ditto here too, minus the system path, i have it directly in UT2004, but i get that message.

EPSILON: try using an underscore where the space should be

Comment

Originally posted by sti/<up/<id
            I opologize if this is a repeat. I really would like to know if everyone or the unlucky few is getting really slow load times when joining servers or changing maps. And sometimes the the loading screen stays on but never connects. Also I just purchased a new video card and it runs awesome but when you dog fight or are in close combat its lags like crazy. I would appreciate any help. Best regards

P4 2.6 fsb800
            ASUS P4P800
            1gig Kingston 400mhz
            Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
            SB Audigy2
            I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be my router. I probably could've just rebooted it, but I updated the firmware and now UT2K4 works exactly as it should.

For me, I could get in games fine, but when the game was over and a new one was about to begin, I'd see the black screen with the server path and it would hang right there. Sucked having to go to server browser and do a *manual refresh*. Hope that helped!

Comment

RE: .bat file for closeing down all running programs

I've tried this .bat file and all I get is a message telling me it doesn't recognise 'taskkill' - any ideas? UT just loads up without shutting down running programs. please help

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon
                Insane, I need some help with the BAT file you wrote. The problem is that my Unreal Tournament exe is located in C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

When I run the BAT, it can't read past "Program" because of the space that follows. How do I get it to recognize the space as part of the file path?

Thanx
                What you have to do when using locations with a space in them ie Program Files is to take the first 6 letters and add ~1 so program files becomes Progra~1

so to get the bat to work try start c:\progra~1\ut2004\system\ut2004.exe

and if you want it to say work with the all seeing eye

do start c:\progra~1\ut2004\system\ut2004.exe %*

Comment

What you have to do when using locations with a space in them ie Program Files is to take the first 6 letters and add ~1 so program files becomes Progra~1
                  what if you have a path like:

start C:\Progra~1\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

no only is the space earlier than 6 letters, but i also have a "ATI Multimedia" folder in program files, so using ATI~1 would screw it up i think...

also, "all seeing eye"?

Comment

yeah, still no worky. have "Internet Apps" and Internet Explorer" as well as the ATI folders, and throws up error as if the file is not there. (maybe win is looking in wrong folder?)

"C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\avg\avgcc32.exe does not exist..."

any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by sojrner
                      what if you have a path like:

start C:\Progra~1\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

no only is the space earlier than 6 letters, but i also have a "ATI Multimedia" folder in program files, so using ATI~1 would screw it up i think...

also, "all seeing eye"?
                      take the first 6 letters

ATItec~1
                      aticon~1
                      etc etc ignore the spaces and join it as one word
                      if you ever get two identical ones the first alphabetically becomes ~1 and second ~2 (say for example ATI technologies a and ATi technologies b)

Comment

thaks for putting in how to use addrenalin combos. i had no idea what i was doing. thanks for the help. and if any one knows how i can get sound back for ut04 go to http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=416211

thanks again. :up:

Comment

i have a problem with that!!!!

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
                          taskkill /F /IM type32.exe

start /wait C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

start C:\Windows\explorer.exe
                          start C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

i have serious problem with that.
                          i did that... in notepad ... saved as type32.bat.
                          when im opening this - explorer is still working,

command-C:UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

'taskkill' is not recognazed as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

next one-

C:UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM type32.exe

'taskkill' is not recognazed as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and i cant close the UT2004 ..after i close it its starting again , and again.
                          the idea is great to free some RAM but please help me with this. i have win XP home, thx.

Comment

I reinstalled the game and got the sound back, and none of my maps or mods were erased. So try that if all else fails.

Comment

hi all
                              new to utk4 need some help on using a microphone in online games. like i got no idea how to set it up. pls hlp a old fool. have read through FAQ and thread's till my eye;s are blue and teary.

Comment

Bonus vehicles dont show up (played with bots only). What to do?!?!? I played on other computers (bots and friends) and they worked. I have v3355.
                                Help please!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X