Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Voltage192
    Is there anyway to listen to the music out of UT2004 that plays during the maps. The files are in .ogg format or sumthing. Is there a way to convert or a program that lets you listen to them?
    yea download ace mega codecs package and you can watch and listen to anything i have come across so far...

and fo rmy own problems i have a e-GeFORCE FX 5700 ultra with 128mbs of ddr 2 and when im playing i notice yellow squares and lines all ove stuff like meshes and teraain i will include a picture of this too so please help me if you can wait i c that i cant post a picture so how exactly would i show you guys????

http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attach...&postid=581917 try that maybe it will work if i tdosent tell me i can find soemthign else out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there anyway to listen to the music out of UT2004 that plays during the maps. The files are in .ogg format or sumthing. Is there a way to convert or a program that lets you listen to them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by trs2988
    Man... you mean if you just used one little cheat you can't get them? Not that I care, but that just ****** me off. They should have like a warning, or something... It's single player, so I really can't see what the harm is in using cheats just to have a little fun.
    It's not like it matters. There's a bug with the locked characters which prevents you from unlocking them. Several people have investigated it thoroughly, and it's become obvious that it's a bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by .InSanE.
    If you cheat in single player you will no longer be able to access the hidden Characters.
    Man... you mean if you just used one little cheat you can't get them? Not that I care, but that just ****** me off. They should have like a warning, or something... It's single player, so I really can't see what the harm is in using cheats just to have a little fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No matter how many times I try to set PipedSwitchWeapon values in the User.ini, it won't take. Does the in-game settings automatically override the User.ini?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As Many of the readers of this Forum seek a FPS upgrade.. and better performance.. I have a great tip for them.. which helped me bigtime..

StarStorm Nvidia ForceWare Drivers!!!!

Currently there are 3 versions of Starstorm drivers, they are:

XQ – Xtream Quality : The drivers have been tweaked to provide the Maximum Quality available and at the cost of a small Performance hit but owners of the high-end cards shouldn’t notice much loss. (These are recommended if you want the eye candy to look as clear and in high detail as possible while still maintaining optimal FPS) Once known as the Q driver.

X – Xtream Quality / Performance: The drivers have been tweaked to provide a performance increase and a Quality increase but not a big one. These will provide the best of both world’s but the increase in the IQ and Performance in a minimal one. These though are still slightly faster 0and have a higher IQ that the original NVIDIA drivers.
    (These are recommended for the new to StarStorm user or average user who wants some game fix’s and wants a small increase in IQ / Performance without getting a Hit in either) Once known as the P driver.

B – Benchmarking / Pure Performance: The drivers have been tweaked to provide a big boost in Performance with a big hit in IQ. (These are intended for increasing Benchmark scores and to provide some performance for the low-end cards which need it when it comes to graphics intense games) (If you use these drivers expect games to look desolated and sometimes crappy looking but run smooth) (Highly recommended for non-gamers who just want overall better system performance)
    //

I also tried the B, but they are TOO UGLY !! Durk tried them also .. also uninstalled them.

You can download them here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WeblogiK
    Hey, Can I make the fov 130 ??? it maxes out at 100, in quake you could make it higher in the cfg file... any help would be appreciated!
    'fov XXX' from the console. It maxes out at 170.

I bound some keys to switch FOV:
    set input z fov 160
    set input x fov 120
    set input c fov 90

In single player you can set fov down to about 5 degrees (maybe less), in multiplayer you can't reduce it below 90.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, hey

I am happy I don't get any of those slows. My system is pretty moderate. Epox 8k5a2+ Motherboard, Nvidia GeforceTi4400, one gig of Pc 2700 ram Athalon 2600+(Barton) Soundblaster Live card.
    Cheap 250 power supply. No lag and hitches and I have everything on high.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tigerdave
    Where did you get SP-2 for XP? It's not out yet (I just checked Microsoft's website).
    well its not released yet but a beta can be found here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/Downloads/default.mspx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope you can't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, Can I make the fov 130 ??? it maxes out at 100, in quake you could make it higher in the cfg file... any help would be appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol i know im wondering too....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aL_
    by the way sp2 for xp rocks get it now
    Where did you get SP-2 for XP? It's not out yet (I just checked Microsoft's website).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Followup: To get Voice Command to work w/o having the SE version, see this link:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/74_1.php

It has a link to the MS Speech SDK, as well as setup instructions.

Thanx to MasterBlaster73

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by Carlos007
    i still cant get to his game. it shows this

also do you always have to type in ":7777"? in UT you only had to type in the Ip
    If your friend is already on the server and is in your buddylist, you can try accessing his/her name in your list and dbl-clicking the showing server to get in. That's how we do it, w/ no prob.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X