Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how many times I try to set PipedSwitchWeapon values in the User.ini, it won't take. Does the in-game settings automatically override the User.ini?

Comment

Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by .InSanE.
      If you cheat in single player you will no longer be able to access the hidden Characters.
      Man... you mean if you just used one little cheat you can't get them? Not that I care, but that just ****** me off. They should have like a warning, or something... It's single player, so I really can't see what the harm is in using cheats just to have a little fun.

Comment

Re: Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by trs2988
        Man... you mean if you just used one little cheat you can't get them? Not that I care, but that just ****** me off. They should have like a warning, or something... It's single player, so I really can't see what the harm is in using cheats just to have a little fun.
        It's not like it matters. There's a bug with the locked characters which prevents you from unlocking them. Several people have investigated it thoroughly, and it's become obvious that it's a bug.

Comment

Is there anyway to listen to the music out of UT2004 that plays during the maps. The files are in .ogg format or sumthing. Is there a way to convert or a program that lets you listen to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage192
            Is there anyway to listen to the music out of UT2004 that plays during the maps. The files are in .ogg format or sumthing. Is there a way to convert or a program that lets you listen to them?
            yea download ace mega codecs package and you can watch and listen to anything i have come across so far...

and fo rmy own problems i have a e-GeFORCE FX 5700 ultra with 128mbs of ddr 2 and when im playing i notice yellow squares and lines all ove stuff like meshes and teraain i will include a picture of this too so please help me if you can wait i c that i cant post a picture so how exactly would i show you guys????

http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attach...&postid=581917 try that maybe it will work if i tdosent tell me i can find soemthign else out

Comment

Thanks dude it works

Comment

no problem man i probobally should have added that its easy to find with google but too late lol :bulb: ohh ace also makes a great music ripping program taht can rip anyhting inot an .ogg i think well mp3s and avis at least so head to the website for hat i feel that using your own music gives you an edge:noob:

Comment

Well it takes like ages to load a map for my laptop. I am running a p4 3.0 Ghz Windows Xp Media Center Edition. (AKA Professional it says in my system info) With 1024 meg ram.

I am using a NVDIA Geforce FX GoF5200 Vid card with 64. meg ram. I am using a Toshiba Satellite P25 laptop I have everything on normal except World texture I have set on high. I disable the preloading of characters and that didn't help. I am reformatting my hard drive now so hopefully that will work

Comment

hm.. make sure youve got the latest motherboard drivers for you laptop.. is it only unreal thats giving you slow hd preformace?

Comment

Ok reformatting didnt work...well when I first boot up it takes a min or two for it to fully load everything. Like MSN and Norton Antivirus and yahoo and such. Know any idea wher i can get the motherboard drivers at?

Comment

Insane or if someone else know this, i want to config my mouse to change the weapons like u did. i set the left and right brackets just like you do in the user file, but i am unable to set my mouse buttons to those keys.

the mouse i use is a microsoft intelli optical, which is almost like the one you use.

if you know of a program or know the file i need to edit it would be great.

note i have the lastest drivers for the software as well, so thats not the problem

Comment

if you havent already, try disabeling all anti virus software before running the game..
                          drivers for you laptop are usually found on your laptop manufacturers homepage.. like dell or compac

Comment

OK, how do I install a mod in .ut4mod format?

Comment

How I make to resolve the problem of the lag-mouse?

Comment

Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by .InSanE.

I wrote a .bat file in notepad (which kills programs while UT2004 is running and they open again when it is closed). To do this open up notepad and write

Code:
                                taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe 
                                taskkill /F /IM type32.exe 

start /wait C:\games\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe 

start C:\Windows\explorer.exe 
                                start C:\Games\UT2004\System\type32
                                [/B]
                                i tried what you wrote above but it keeps on saying that

"C:\UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
                                'taskkill' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                                operable program or batch file."

any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X