Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by sti/<up/<id
    I opologize if this is a repeat. I really would like to know if everyone or the unlucky few is getting really slow load times when joining servers or changing maps. And sometimes the the loading screen stays on but never connects. Also I just purchased a new video card and it runs awesome but when you dog fight or are in close combat its lags like crazy. I would appreciate any help. Best regards

P4 2.6 fsb800
    ASUS P4P800
    1gig Kingston 400mhz
    Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    SB Audigy2
    I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be my router. I probably could've just rebooted it, but I updated the firmware and now UT2K4 works exactly as it should.

For me, I could get in games fine, but when the game was over and a new one was about to begin, I'd see the black screen with the server path and it would hang right there. Sucked having to go to server browser and do a *manual refresh*. Hope that helped!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by TheDylMan
    i tried what you wrote above but it keeps on saying that

"C:\UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
    'taskkill' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

any ideas?
    ditto here too, minus the system path, i have it directly in UT2004, but i get that message.

EPSILON: try using an underscore where the space should be

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I opologize if this is a repeat. I really would like to know if everyone or the unlucky few is getting really slow load times when joining servers or changing maps. And sometimes the the loading screen stays on but never connects. Also I just purchased a new video card and it runs awesome but when you dog fight or are in close combat its lags like crazy. I would appreciate any help. Best regards

P4 2.6 fsb800
    ASUS P4P800
    1gig Kingston 400mhz
    Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    SB Audigy2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Insane, I need some help with the BAT file you wrote. The problem is that my Unreal Tournament exe is located in C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

When I run the BAT, it can't read past "Program" because of the space that follows. How do I get it to recognize the space as part of the file path?

Thanx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get a invalid CD Key message do I really need to re-install?¿

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by .InSanE.

I wrote a .bat file in notepad (which kills programs while UT2004 is running and they open again when it is closed). To do this open up notepad and write

Code:
    taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe 
    taskkill /F /IM type32.exe 

start /wait C:\games\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe 

start C:\Windows\explorer.exe 
    start C:\Games\UT2004\System\type32
    [/B]
    i tried what you wrote above but it keeps on saying that

"C:\UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
    'taskkill' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How I make to resolve the problem of the lag-mouse?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, how do I install a mod in .ut4mod format?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you havent already, try disabeling all anti virus software before running the game..
    drivers for you laptop are usually found on your laptop manufacturers homepage.. like dell or compac

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Insane or if someone else know this, i want to config my mouse to change the weapons like u did. i set the left and right brackets just like you do in the user file, but i am unable to set my mouse buttons to those keys.

the mouse i use is a microsoft intelli optical, which is almost like the one you use.

if you know of a program or know the file i need to edit it would be great.

note i have the lastest drivers for the software as well, so thats not the problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok reformatting didnt work...well when I first boot up it takes a min or two for it to fully load everything. Like MSN and Norton Antivirus and yahoo and such. Know any idea wher i can get the motherboard drivers at?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hm.. make sure youve got the latest motherboard drivers for you laptop.. is it only unreal thats giving you slow hd preformace?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well it takes like ages to load a map for my laptop. I am running a p4 3.0 Ghz Windows Xp Media Center Edition. (AKA Professional it says in my system info) With 1024 meg ram.

I am using a NVDIA Geforce FX GoF5200 Vid card with 64. meg ram. I am using a Toshiba Satellite P25 laptop I have everything on normal except World texture I have set on high. I disable the preloading of characters and that didn't help. I am reformatting my hard drive now so hopefully that will work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no problem man i probobally should have added that its easy to find with google but too late lol :bulb: ohh ace also makes a great music ripping program taht can rip anyhting inot an .ogg i think well mp3s and avis at least so head to the website for hat i feel that using your own music gives you an edge:noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks dude it works

Leave a comment:

Working...
X