No announcement yet.

ut2k4 restarts computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I tried the oldest I could find (audio 362), and that actually allowed me to play for 5 minutes, and the 366 drivers let me play a little longer. Anything newer (4.08, 4.09, 4.3x) and it crashes quick.

Samuel L Bronkowitz

Comment

hmmmm.....well some of you guys are all lucky compared to me. I had the game running fine for almost a week with the noCD hack and was having a blast. Last night, maybe 5 min in it rebooted in the middle of a match. "Weird?" Then I get to windows....freezes. Then I reboot manually ....load.....load....load.....BSOD. Argh. Tried safe mode, no go. Tried a windows repair, it fixed a few files and then again BSOD. Make a long story short....I reinstalled window, BSOD and then finally had to reformat. So now Im in the process of reinstalling everything. Hoping that was a one time deal, cause I lost a lot of info on that drive. It was nothing to valuable, but still time consuming none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by kbonnel
        Yea, I tried the oldest I could find (audio 362), and that actually allowed me to play for 5 minutes, and the 366 drivers let me play a little longer. Anything newer (4.08, 4.09, 4.3x) and it crashes quick.
        Shoot. That's downright odd. What's the rest of your system again? Perhaps there's a conflict somewhere.

Also, what setting are you using for EAX?

Originally posted by ButterB
        Make a long story short....I reinstalled window, BSOD and then finally had to reformat. So now Im in the process of reinstalling everything. Hoping that was a one time deal, cause I lost a lot of info on that drive. It was nothing to valuable, but still time consuming none the less.
        Ouch. I've been there a few times. I've got all my data on my server now, running a RAID array for backup. No way in heck am I losing my personal and business information. Losing my files once was enough for me.

Comment

Working...
        X