ut2k4 restarts computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut2k4 restarts computer

well, new problem, ut2k4 shuts off and restarts my computer, on reboot it gives me one of those windows has recovered from a serious error send error report blah blah blah. this has never happened before and its not my power supply, 450w antec, any suggestions?

Same problem here.

I am having the same problem. It happens to me during the map load on single-player, I haven't played online yet. I was originally running the Catalyst 4.1 drivers and it happened everytime I loaded a map. I downloaded the 4.3 drivers and I was able to play 2 maps last night. I woke up this morning and tried to play and my machine rebooted again during the map load. Anyone have any ideas?

System Specs:
    Windows XP Pro
    Shuttle SB51G
    Pentium4 3.06GHz
    1GB Kingston PC2700
    Radeon 9500 Pro (Catalyst 4.3)
    SoundBlaster Live! Value (Windows XP Drivers)

I'm downloading the latest drivers from Creative's site but they are dated Feb 2003.

Comment

The error you're describing happened to me when i added a new 512MB memory module to my system. The 512MB stick that i added was a different brand from the other two 256MB sticks that i originally had in the PC. I simply removed the new memory module, and somehow, that restabilized the system [no more restarts with UT2K4].

Too bad, though, coz the 512 stick is wasted...

Comment

Me too, reboot on exit

I posted about this a few days ago but got no responses.

The game reboots my machine pretty much whenever I exit or try to alt-tab to the desktop. I get a very brief flash of the blue-screen crash details but haven't managed to hold the frame long enough to read it. (there's lots of writing there though) Also haven't figured out why it doesn't do it sometimes. Though it never does it if I haven't actually begun a game. If I just get to the menu and exit, that's fine. Once I've put in a map, then I'm screwed.

I'm running on a Toshiba Satellite Notebook. P4 3.0ghz 512Ram, NVidia GeForce FX Go5200. Latest drivers etc.

When playing, the game runs perfectly but this is a pain in ***. I'm not much of a tech-head so this is beyond my ability to fix.

Anyone, any thoughts?

M

Comment

Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Unselect "automatically restart"

Comment

These errors are usually driver related. Unchecking the Automatically Restart may prevent the system form rebooting but I'm not sure that's an actual resolution as the game would still crash; the reboot's just another symptom of the issue.

What hardware are you using and what driver revisions?

Comment

I seem to have driver issues with my sound card (built in on A7N8X). I can play fine if I turn the sound off, but it will blue screen if I leave it on... It seems a couple people on this board have the same issues, but so far not fix .. I do run my 2500+ OC to 3200+, and Prime95 is stable for days.

Samual L Bronkowitz

Comment

Originally posted by kbonnel
                I seem to have driver issues with my sound card (built in on A7N8X).
                There was a Windows Update driver released not long ago which caused this in many games. If you grabbed the one from Windows Update, roll back the driver and install the latest available form NVidia for it instead. PErsonally, I never install MS supplied drivers; they're lagged too far behind everyone else. I can usually get a more up-to-date WHQL driver straight from the manufacturer.

Comment

I was having the same problem. I turned off the sound instead of having it on EAX and now the game runs fine..... with no sound. I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum with the latest drivers.

Comment

@Threadstarter:

Originally posted by HugeHeinous
                    Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Unselect "automatically restart"
                    Your lucky, wiser words have never been spoken, BTW.

I'm running the Demo on a Notebook with obsolete drivers:

PIV 2,4 - Ati_Radeon_M9600 (only 64MB VRAM) - 512RAM:

it runs smooth with 1024x768 (vid on "normal" /w some adjustments), it run's great with 800x600 (vid on "high"),

even when it crashes, it's doing this clever and to the desktop. :up: :up:

If you played PC-Games in the last 4-5 years you have to give the developers big credits for optimizing this "oldie but goodie" engine .This baby is so scalable, has some of the best AI-Bots ever, best sound, vids, netcode, and you can play it with HP, IA64, and even LINUX :up: :up: :up:

I am def going to make some "benchmarking" after updating my drivers.

Comment

Re: ut2k4 restarts computer

Originally posted by talios
                      well, new problem, ut2k4 shuts off and restarts my computer, on reboot it gives me one of those windows has recovered from a serious error send error report blah blah blah. this has never happened before and its not my power supply, 450w antec, any suggestions?
                      My UT2K4 just logs me out of WinXP everytime I try to join a server. When I log back in, I get logged back out right away. I have to reboot to gain control of my PC again. UT2K4 was working fine last night for hours and I have not installed anything or made any changes to my system since then. This was also happing the other day. I can't even play the game now. I hope this is fixed soon.

Before it logs me out (today) I can see that UT2K4 is locking up. When I try to log back in I see some error but can't read it before I'm logged back out. The error said something like Run 32 or something.

[EDIT: Ok, The game seems to be working fine using the in game joiner but logs me out with All Seeing-Eye. Keep in mind this was working fine just 10 hours ago for and I haven't done anything to my system. My computer wasn't even left on to get hacked or infected ]

System Specs:
                      AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.01GHZ
                      ECS L7VMM2 KM266 DDR266/200 USB 2.0 AGP4X LAN/Audio/Video Motherboard
                      1GB PC2100 DDR Samsung Memory
                      Dual 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drives
                      NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP8X

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowsFall
                        I was having the same problem. I turned off the sound instead of having it on EAX and now the game runs fine..... with no sound. I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum with the latest drivers.
                        That's strange; I have the same sound card and latest drivers but no issues at all wiht EAX on.

Comment

Same problem here, the first time it only crashed to desktop but half an hour ago it rebooted my rig.:cry:

Comment

So far I am now able to play about 5 - 8 minutes before reboot. I removed all my Nvidia drivers, and reinstalled to Nvidia's latest (3.13).....

Samuel L Brokowitz

Comment

Originally posted by kbonnel
                              So far I am now able to play about 5 - 8 minutes before reboot. I removed all my Nvidia drivers, and reinstalled to Nvidia's latest (3.13)
                              If the latest don't work, you could try stepping back one revision at a time. Sometimes it's an older, more stabl;e, driver set that resolves an issue. Isn't this fun?

Comment

Working...
                              X