Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004 with SMAA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
    I solved the problem by going into ut2004.ini.
    Change this line:
    UseCubemaps=True, set it to False. And save your .ini file.
    Seriously? Losing cubemaps jut to get an additional AA setting is absolutely not worth it.

With UT4 announced, I really see no point in doing such gross hacks to the poor old UE2.5. If you need them, just contribute to UT4, which already has all these fancy things.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      Seriously? Losing cubemaps jut to get an additional AA setting is absolutely not worth it.

With UT4 announced, I really see no point in doing such gross hacks to the poor old UE2.5. If you need them, just contribute to UT4, which already has all these fancy things.
      I only tested this, trust me i don't like it. SMAA does work, but it doesn't work that good. It works on whole game. Even the letters written in menu and game loose their "ledge", also i was getting fps drops while playing and screen cutting and i have gtx560, i prefer to play without AA, any game out atm.
      And as you said new unreal tournament announced, no need to call it ut4, since there wont be 4 in the name.

Comment

I solved the problem by going into ut2004.ini.
        Change this line:
        UseCubemaps=True, set it to False. And save your .ini file.
        Thanks for pointing out bass, I tested the preset here and it does looks a bit darky but somewhat bit more vivid, its not perfect as you say, anyway in phantam's homepage there's more presets apart for ut2k4 ( more for many games), about loss fps unless you have a great graphic card you would notice a lot that fps lost ( reallyu you loose several fps) It does depends of your graphic power. I use tge swwetfx configurator for customize the shadows ( that they appears a tad dark ingame)

Thanks all and bass

Comment

And as you said new unreal tournament announced, no need to call it ut4, since there wont be 4 in the name.
          But it will be UT4, regardless whether they explicitly put the 4 in the name or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
            But it will be UT4, regardless whether they explicitly put the 4 in the name or not.
            Exactly! It's going to be abbreviated and by just using "UT", it would be way too confusing. The majority IS and WILL coin "UT4" to reference the new Unreal Tournament. The first Unreal Tournament was just that, but we use "UT99" to reference it. Just the way it is.

Comment

Working...
            X