Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004 with SMAA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004 with SMAA

Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004 / 3 with SMAA
    Unreal Engine 2.x and 3.x with SMAA
    SMAA: Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Anti-Aliasing

You need:
    a. Enb DX8 to DX9 convertor v0.0035
    b. injectSMAA v1.2 by Andrej Dudenhefner
    c. SweetFX v1.5.1 by CeeJay.dk
    d. SweetFX Configurator v1.3.3 by Terrasque (Updated by CeeJay.dk)

Enb DX8 to DX9 convertor v0.0035
    1. Download the enbconvertor_dx8_dx9_v0035.zip file.
    2. Extract the zip file with 7-zip, TUGZip etc. into a new folder.
    3. Open the new folder. Now you should see 6 files: d3d8.dll, enbconvertor.ini, license_en.txt, license_ru.txt, readme_en.txt, readme_ru.txt
    4. Copy "d3d8.dll, enbconvertor.ini" into ..\"Unreal Tournament 2003 folder"\System\
    5. Edit the enbconvertor.ini file

The content should look like this:

[PROXY]
    EnableProxyLibrary=1
    InitProxyFunctions=1
    ProxyLibrary=d3d9.dll
    [GLOBAL]
    ENBSeriesSite1=enbdev.com

6. Save the changes and close the file.

injectSMAA v1.2 / SweetFX v1.5.1
    I prefer SweetFX, but you can use the same steps with injectSMAA.

1. Download the SweetFX 1_5-23364-1-5-[Guru3D.com].7z file.
    3. Open the new folder. Now you should see 1 folder and 10 files: SweetFX, d3d9.dll, d3d9.fx, dxgi.dll, dxgi.fx, injector.ini, log.log, shader.fx, SweetFX readme.txt, SweetFX_preset.txt, SweetFX_settings.txt
    4. You should copy "SweetFX, d3d9.dll, d3d9.fx, injector.ini, shader.fx, SweetFX_present.txt, SweetFX_settings.txt" into ...\"Unreal Tournament 2003 folder"\System\
    5. Start the UT2003.exe / UT2004.exe and close the game.
    6. Inside of the ...\"Unreal Tournament 2003 folder"\System\ folder you should see a "log.log".
    7. Open up the log file.

Now you should see this content inside of the log file:

full path: "Unreal Tournament 2003 path"\System\
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment

SweetFX Configurator v1.3.3
    1. Download the SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3.zip file.
    3. Open the new folder. Now you should see 1 folder: "SweetFX Configurator", open up this folder.
    4. Now you should see: 1 folder and 3 files; SweetFX, configurator.log, INIFileParser.dll, SweetFX_config.exe;
    5. Start the SweetFX_config.exe file, add "Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004" as an new game with "Add new game".
    6. Point at "Unreal Tournament folder\System\UT2003.exe"

Unreal Tournament SweetFX profiles
    a. Unrealistic 1.0 (Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004) by Phantasm
    b. Unrealistic guide with Unreal Tournament 2004 and SweetFX by Phantasm
    c. Natural Color v2 (Unreal Tournament 3 by Valex07

Unreal Tournament 2004 at 4K
    Unreal Tournament 2004 with a 4K resolution (and perhaps SMAA)

SMAA and Steam games by Sweetz
    To install:
    1. Take the four files found in the D3D9 folder from the zip and copy them to: <Your main Steam folder>\steamapps\common\"Unreal Tournament Folder"\Binaries\...\

2. Open injector.ini and set: weird_steam_hack = 1
    This resolves problems with the Steam overlay, you don't need to do this if you have the Steam overlay disabled.

RadeonPro with Steam and SMAA
    It looks like that there was a problem in older versions of RadeonPro and the Steam Overlay.

RadeonPro is a handy way for AMD owners to use SMAA and SweetFX
    http://www.radeonpro.info
    It also makes a much better replacement for the bloated control center, and offers many more useful switches and tweaks.

There is a beta D3D9 renderer in 1 of the early updates.
    http://yourunreal.wordpress.com/2012...-unreal-files/
    Such a shame the U1 engine is the only one to get new renderers (hell they even have D3D10 and 11 renderers).
    the U2 engine could look much better with a new renderer.
    At least ENB lets us bodge something workable.

Comment

Can you show a hd video, or somescreenshots, what will I get with all this?
      Also I use d3d9 on 64bit patch. And this is only for 32 bit version?

Comment

Why would you use all these ugly hacks just to get another anti-aliasing method?..

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Why would you use all these ugly hacks just to get another anti-aliasing method?..
          exactly what i was thinking! ut2004 supports AA, u just have to enable it on your graphics card and in your ut2004 ini

Comment

@ Dr.Flay:
            Thank you. I already know this. And there are some SweetFX profiles for Unreal Tournament 2003 / 2004 / 3. I will add these links.

@bass3, GreatEmerald:
            The anti-aliasing (AA) process at Unreal Tournament 2003 (Unreal Engine 2) / 2004 (Unreal Engine 2) / 3 (2007) (Unreal Engine 3) is very old.
            SMAA was add at Unreal Engine 3.5 official by Epic Games. AA is part of your frames per second unit. Newer AA processes give you a AA with high framerates.

Comment

Can u give a video showing the difference???? Or some screenshots supporting this?
              Also on your links are not direct links. Can you upload all at once on something??
              Cause I don't know what to download for first link, and last link
              d. SweetFX Configurator v1.3.3 by Terrasque (Updated by CeeJay.dk) is not working!

Comment

Originally posted by Twinspell View Post
                @bass3, GreatEmerald:
                The anti-aliasing (AA) process at Unreal Tournament 2003 (Unreal Engine 2) / 2004 (Unreal Engine 2) / 3 (2007) (Unreal Engine 3) is very old.
                SMAA was add at Unreal Engine 3.5 official by Epic Games. AA is part of your frames per second unit. Newer AA processes give you a AA with high framerates.
                That's not much of a reason. UT2004 is ten years old. I bet that nowadays phones can run it with supersampling at 60 FPS. And people are experiencing issues with framerates being too high, not too low.

Of course, it's nice to see that you can do something like that for the heck of it. But for a regular player it's useless, and trying to do all those hacks described might lead to a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                  Can u give a video showing the difference???? Or some screenshots supporting this?
                  +1, I want to see some footage too. Especially with a coparison to stock graphics.

Comment

Hi:
                    I followed exacty all step you gave me and I got this crahs log:

"CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3991 MHz with 4095MB RAMVideo: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3761)

General protection fault!

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- NvidiaLogo.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free"

What does it mean to be? Then ut2004 is from steam not single disc

Comment

I'd like to point out two things here:
                      1. Those who can use this new anti-aliasing method will have enough computing power to easily play UT200x in reasonable resolution with a reasonable amount of standard anti-aliasing. (And at some point more AA simply doesn't improve the visual quality of a fast-paced game anymore.)
                      2. Putting custom DLLs into UT2004\System may trigger anti-cheat software.

Bottom line: You shouldn't be using it for online play and you probably don't even benefit that much from it in offline play. And if you want to use it for video capture, you don't really care that much about the framerate, so you can use classic AA. And I'd argue that any kind of video compression will reduce the image quality far enough to make any difference.

Comment

I agree, I also don't see any point on injecting so much dll's.

Comment

@DarkSonny07: You should try the instructions with the Steam Overlay at my first post.

Comment

mate: I did exactly as instrucction is told at first post and keep crashing the game with the same log. I tested in a ut2k4 not steam version and same result. What I am missing?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                              mate: I did exactly as instrucction is told at first post and keep crashing the game with the same log. I tested in a ut2k4 not steam version and same result. What I am missing?
                              I solved the problem by going into ut2004.ini.
                              Change this line:
                              UseCubemaps=True, set it to False. And save your .ini file.

Comment

Working...
                              X