Problem with Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Invasion

Been at this ut thing for a while now and never had this happen before. Midway through the waves of invasion my projectiles from every weapon will disappear and all of the monsters will disappear. It happens on different waves but typically on waves 7,8 and 9. After this point If I reconnect I can see everything again. No one else on the server experiences this problem. I've deleted all cache and removed all mods from my system folder and this still happens. Has anyone else experienced this or know about a fix?

When this happens next time, press F6 or type 'net stat'. What is the number beside 'Channels'?

I don't know about UT2004, but in UT3 the limit for channels seems to be 1023. So if you see that the number of channels is 1023, it means they're too many replicated actors currently in-game. Either there're genuinely that many, or something is not properly destroyed.

To find out which actors are troublesome, type 'sockets' in the console.

Comment

stat net had around 120 channels, typed sockets in console and it did not have anything that seemed peculiar. On a side note, the problem I was experiencing was on a DVD copy of 2k4. I uninstalled the DVD version and installed my steam version. It ran good for a few games and now the steam version is doing the exact same thing. Invisible shots and monsters. This is very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by {TARD}-C3nT View Post
        stat net had around 120 channels, typed sockets in console and it did not have anything that seemed peculiar. On a side note, the problem I was experiencing was on a DVD copy of 2k4. I uninstalled the DVD version and installed my steam version. It ran good for a few games and now the steam version is doing the exact same thing. Invisible shots and monsters. This is very frustrating.
        Sometimes players have the same issue on my server. I suspect it has something to do with too many projectiles in play (which take up channels.) I haven't gotten to the bottom of it either, but reconnecting tends to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X