OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 2067
    Additional Information 1: 199c
    Additional Information 2: 199cc907df8a4654c8ebf31545ec3b64
    Additional Information 3: ac93
    Additional Information 4: ac932fb721b478be6e53cf5b63cba0e7

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt"

I have no idea what actually causes this.

Malware? Corrupted system files? Malfunctioning drivers? UT2004 itself? Hardware failures? Windows bugs?

It shows up every time I start an instant action match.

(PS I'm using a Windows 8.1 64x Toshiba Satellite P870 with GeForce GT 630M GPU if that could be any help)

Anyway I'm starting to migrate towards another machine now for playing UT2004, this is just too much for me to handle, I spent a whole weekend trying to fix it, to no avail.

Sounds like something serious:
    Some of the reasons for StackHash crashes include…
    • The application itself has a fault causing it to call a function in a piece of memory that does not contain any code as in the example above.
    • A virus checker, virtual drive S/W, security systems (or other application) has injected a piece of code into the address space of the application that crashes for some reason. In this case there is no identifiable module so a StackHash_XXXX will be created.
    • A virus has infected the machine and the virus code is executing in the context of the faulting application.
    • There is a bug in the operating system or other shared component on the system.
    • The application has become corrupted either by a disk error or virus.

What to do if you get a StackHash?
    • First configure Problems Reports and Solutions in Control panel to Check for Solutions automatically and Automatically send more information. Then check if there are fixes available for your application. If there are then download and install them.
    • Make sure your Window Operating system has all the latest service packs, security updates and other fixes installed.
    • Most applications have a Check for Updates feature. Use it to make sure you have the latest version of the S/W. Alternatively visit the company website and check for new versions and patches.
    • Run an up-to-date virus checker on the machine and fix any issues. If a virus is detected in the application then you may need to reinstall the application.
    • Re-install the application. Through Control Panel \ Programs \ Uninstall a program. Right click the application and click Uninstall / Change. This should launch the installer which may give the option to Repair the installation. If not then you will need to uninstall and reinstall - make sure you have the original installation discs available before uninstalling.
    • Disable any Virtual Drive software that may be hooking in to the application. If the problem goes away, contact the developer of the Virtual Drive software.
    • Disable any Virus checkers on your machine (temporarily) and run the application again. If the problem goes away, contact the developer of the Virus Checking software.
    • Check if the problem is reproducible (after a reboot). If it is, then attempt to narrow down the exact steps that cause the fault, write them down and contact the support department for the company that developed the application providing as much information about the crash and what you have done so far to attempt to resolve the issue.

Comment

Could too many mods/mutators be a cause of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kom0do View Post
        Could too many mods/mutators be a cause of this?
        Yes, since one of the points was "The application has become corrupted either by a disk error or virus", and having a lot of mods means a much increased surface of corruption problems affecting the game. Try running chkdsk, and if it doesn't help, try reinstalling.

Comment

I'm running chkdsk c: /r during boot atm and it's been hanging at 11% complete now for an hour, seems like I'm opening a can of worms here, I'm gonna let it run for the night I guess, if it's not fixed by then, screw it.

Glad I migrated to the windows 7 laptop now.

This stuff is giving me tumours.

Edit: Ok it finished now, stackhash error still appears sadly enough.

Now giving me this error:

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
          Application Name: UT2004.exe
          Application Version: 0.0.0.0
          Application Timestamp: 4384debf
          Fault Module Name: StackHash_4ae2
          Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
          Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
          Exception Code: c0000005
          Exception Offset: PCH_31_FROM_CRYPTSP+0x0000726F
          OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
          Locale ID: 2067
          Additional Information 1: 4ae2
          Additional Information 2: 4ae2f9016b0e569ffc1016e2224f41c0
          Additional Information 3: 5736
          Additional Information 4: 5736378f02ecc3073eb03c0d9d69a4f0

Read our privacy statement online:
          http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Comment

I think I got it under control now.

It might indeed be the too many mutators/mods at once thing.

Comment

To Run "chkdsk" in a Command Prompt
              NOTE: The chkdsk command can be used on a FAT32 or NTFS formatted disk.

1. Open an elevated command prompt or a command prompt at startup.

2. In the command prompt, type in the following command below followed by one or more switches that you would like to use below with a space between each switch and press Enter.

chkdsk [drive letter]: [switches with space inbetween]

Switches that you can use in the command:

NOTE: The switches in red below are new to Windows 8.

• /F - Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer. For example, on the C: drive.
              • /V - On FAT or FAT32 volumes, displays the name of each file in every directory as the disk is checked.
              • /R - Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. The disk must be locked. Includes the functionality of /f, with the additional analysis of physical disk errors.
              • /L:[size in KB] - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Changes the chkdsk log file size to the number size in KB you type. If you omit the size parameter, typing /L by itself will display the current chkdsk log file size. For example, to have the default 65536 KB log file for the C: drive, you would type: chkdsk C: /F /L:65536
              • /X - Forces the volume to dismount first, if necessary. All open handles to the drive are invalidated. Includes the functionality of /f.
              • /I - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Performs a less vigorous check of index entries, which reduces the amount of time required to run chkdsk.
              • /C - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Does not check cycles within the folder structure, which reduces the amount of time required to run chkdsk.
              • /B - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Clears the list of bad clusters on the volume and rescans all allocated and free clusters for errors. Includes the functionality of /r. Use this parameter after imaging a volume to a new hard disk drive.
              • /scan - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Runs a online scan on the volume.
                • /forceofflinefix - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Must be used with /scan switch. Bypass all online repair; all defects found are queued for offlne repair (ex: "chkdsk /spotfix").
                • /perf - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Must be used with /scan switch. Uses more system resources to complete a scan as a fast as possible. This may have a negative performance impact on other tasks running on your system.

• /spotfix - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Runs spot fixxing on the volume.
              • sdccleanup - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Garbage collect unneeded security desciptor data. Includes the functionality of /f.
              • offlinescanandfix - Runs an offline scan and fix on the volume.

Source: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

Comment

I'm gonna reinstall UT2004 anyway.

Now that I'm past the stackhash appcrash thing I'm getting different and more UT2004 related error crashes that occur in the middle of a match.

UT99 on the other hand runs like a champ without crashing and has always done so as far as I know, just as every other program on this laptop minus UT2004.

Comment

Working...
                X