cd key problem :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd key problem :(

I have a big problem with my cd-key. Ut2004 doesn`t accept it. I have tried it many times but it doesn`t work

The shopmanager where i bought the game told me that there are lots of problems with the cd key of ut2004. He gave me a new cd-set and code but i still have this problem.

I have send a mail with the details to epic but they answer it in 4 days. But i want to play ut2004 now.

Is there anybody who can help me?

Grtz, Lostboy :cry:

Have a better look at it.

8 can look like B and visa versa.

An A can look like a 9

have a good look and try different combinations. Try using a magnifying Glass (Your parents spectacles might do ..)

Comment

Make sure you put in the "-" and all in capital letters. -

Comment

i have just tried for 20 mins to no avail

getting ****** off now:cry:

Comment

I have tried all that

I can change 7 characters in the code. That`s to much work to try it all.

Comment

WOOT WOOT
            got it

i had 5 b/8 and after trying about 20 combinations i got it, loading in now

fookin gay though, and frustrating

Comment

I got SE and the CD Key is on a white sticker on the inside of the DVD case. Here each character is printed very clearly, so for people having trouble, the SE may help out. That is of course, if you can find it and have a DVD-ROM, and the extra money to buy it

Comment

Originally posted by steve-k
                WOOT WOOT
                got it

i had 5 b/8 and after trying about 20 combinations i got it, loading in now

fookin gay though, and frustrating
                There you go - it was worth it wasnt it

(Now make a note of the Key in case you ever reformat etc....)

Comment

Originally posted by Lostboy
                  I have tried all that

I can change 7 characters in the code. That`s to much work to try it all.
                  I guess that you will not get to play it then ...

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck_uk
                    I guess that you will not get to play it then ...
                    I think so... :down:

What now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostboy
                      I think so... :down:

What now?
                      Due to you not answered back, I guess you managed to get it running.

I also had problem with the CD key, the first copy I bought I had to return. I spent some time figuring it out.
                      Yesterday, with my 2nd copy, I went home.....
                      and to my surprise.......IT DID NOT WORK!!!

To my great relief I found a post in thir forum explaining it to me,
                      that the B letter is fact could be a 8. And the G letter could be a 6.

As I had 4*b and 2*G, I knew I was in for an effort to try it out.

Anyway, thanks to the help in posters like this, I managed to sort it out and after 1,5 hours trouble with the CD key, I managed to install the darn game.

I think it is VERY POOR of EPIC and the ATARI forum not to place stickers on posts like this.

When I returned my first copy to the store, they informed me that almost half of the people who had bought this game had returned it because of "CD KEY YOU HAVE ENTERED IS INCORRECT"

Why could not EPIC and ATARI inform us that they did a pisspoor job in printing, and that some characthers got screwed up.
                      I mean, the suppliers just MUST have noticed.

ATARI should make a sticker explaining what to do and what letters toy might wanna try to correct.

Comment

Yeah, I had to try for ages too before it would work and it seriously annoyed me. I was about to give up and take it back before I stumbled upon this forum.

Note that an 8 and B looks IDENTICAL. An A and a R looks slightly different though.

Comment

Working...
                        X