Out of Virtual Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Virtual Memory

I am wondering is it possible that if the sound quality for the wav files imported for a voice pack could be too high quality that it would cause a UT2004 crash because of 'Out of Virtual Memory'.

I also have done searches for other discussions on game crashes because of too many mods installed, is this even possible?

As far as I know, all VPs get loaded. So fewer VPs means less memory usage.

That message could also mean you're running low on disk space. Virtual memory is your swap file, a flexible storage area on your disk. Check and see if it is auto-managed or set to a small value.

Comment

I had problems with that too and increased the size of the virtual memory and since then I never ran out of virtual memory again.

Comment

Ok yes this makes total sense, I am not having the problem myself but someone is having this problem and has over 150 voice packs installed, thus the 'out of virtual memory' crash is the result.
        I had a similar problem when I was making videos for my youtube, I had to increase the paging file size an extra gb.

Comment

If it's really just a result of too much data, try running the 64bit version of UT2004. If that one still crashes due to lack of memory, it is likely caused by a corrupt package file. (That's the most likely reason for any kind of out-of-memory crashes, btw.)

Comment

Ok, thanks for the input guys, I'll let ya know if there are any more problems.

Comment

Hey Wormbo, how do you install UT2004 as 64 bit on Windows 7, I am till using xp for UT2004, and I know Win7 installs some software as 32bit.
              Is there an option on install, or can you just use the UT2004 3359 64 bit patch?

Comment

MAke sure the game is patched up to v3369, then add the v3369 64bit Windows patch. That patch is actually not a patch in the usual sense, but a separate statically-linked binary (i.e. it doesn't use the 32bit DLLs included with the 32 bit version, but has the corresponding code embedded in the ucc and ut2004 binaries) that you need to run in order to take advantage of 64bit address space.

Comment

Working...
                X