Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Louder than game sound

Hello I have a small problem about my custom music I converted from YouTube
    into ogg format. Turns out the music itself is louder than the game.
    The music I had on my map is Dead Zone Red Zone Remix for testing.

If you had any answers, just give me a reply.

You could try opening the file in some sound editing program like audacity and reduce the volume there.

Comment

I might, but when I install Audacity, the program also installs Overwolf, which I
      didn't want.

Is there a way to install without installing Overwolf?

And I don't know how to use audacity.

Comment

Overwolf? O_o Never heard of that. Did you download from the official site? Or something trustable?

Well if you have the program started go to Open and select your track. Then select the whole track and go to effects -> amplify or boost (don't know how it's called in english, I have the german version)
        Then it'll show you a slider that you have to pull to the left side till it shows a number with a minus before it. You will have to try out how much to reduce sound so it matches with the other UT2004 tracks.
        When you have that just save as .ogg

Comment

Maybe I should download from the official site.

Other question, have you downloaded a application that wants you to download
          another program that you didn't want?

Comment

Audacity is freeware and IIRC, there is no other software included with it. I use Audacity myself and have never heard of "Overwolf".
            Try getting it from the official SourceForge site indeed: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

As to how to use it, open the song in Audacity and pick Effects -> Amplify from the menu. You'll want a negative amplification to reduce volume.
            However, the original UT2004 tunes are mastered to full volume, so I doubt that your song is much louder. If anything - given that you downloaded it from YouTube - it's probably just in horrible quality and possibly distorted. At least that would explain the effect you're getting.

Comment

Always when installing anything these days, they always want to install software you don't need.
              Make sure to read the fine print when installing things, there are always unwanted toolbars and software you don't need.

If in doubt, before you click yes to the next step of installation, search google for info on the product to see if you need it.
              Some installs you can minimize to open you internet browser for a quick search. I wouldn't recommend that in major install like windows updates.

Overwolf may not be harmful, do a virus scan of computer if you think it is.

Comment

Does Audacity converts audio to midi format, I tried to look under uncompressed files
                and doesn't have it on the list. I'm making an 8 bit version (chiptune) of UT2004 soundtrack.

Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

At least the version I have can't do that. Only .wav, .ogg and .mp3 can be exported. But for UT2004 background music only .ogg works.

Comment

Try Open Mod Plug Tracker, it can export as a MIDI file. However, first you need to export your file to wav, so you can open it in OMPT. I think you should also be able to set the volume to whatever you want to have there.

Comment

Alright I fixed the problem and ran just fine. I was looking for audio to midi converter,
                      but doesn't do anything and installs multiple programs like the horrid AVG searchbar, which
                      took me 15 minutes to remove from my computer, Overwolf, and MyPCBackup, when really I don't really
                      need those. Those programs are useless. Anyway, it worked on my map.

Comment

Thanks, Sly for reminding me.

Comment

What the MIDI export of OpenMPT does is generating a soundfont from the module's instruments. Thing is, when you import a wave as song, the module will consist of a single instrument (maybe two for stereo wave files) and one note plying that instrument for as long as necessary to hear the entire wave file. Exporting to MIDI will result in a tiny mid file and a soundfont wrapped around the wave version of the song. OpenMPT does not decompose audio into notes and/or instruments, you will need professional software for that.

Comment

Thanks, Wormbo. I'll have to make a new thread because I'm not very
                            good at audio to MIDI. My thread is about UT2004 soundtracks into MIDI
                            files.

Comment

Working...
                            X